• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Just an Idea

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I was wondering if there could be sort of different versions of SGC. What I mean is maybe some of the servers are from summer 2012 and have those maps and that plugin, while some servers have the later MCSGv1 plugin, maybe with the 2012 Halloween Lobby or the FyreUK lobby, and have that plugin and those maps from late 2012 and early 2013. I wouldn't really care if there was a separate leaderboard for each version, I don't think it would be necessary. I know chances are this won't happen but I think it is a good idea and could happen with enough positive feedback.

CorruptCrow

Survivor
Reaction score
I was wondering if there could be sort of different versions of SGC. What I mean is maybe some of the servers are from summer 2012 and have those maps and that plugin, while some servers have the later MCSGv1 plugin, maybe with the 2012 Halloween Lobby or the FyreUK lobby, and have that plugin and those maps from late 2012 and early 2013. I wouldn't really care if there was a separate leaderboard for each version, I don't think it would be necessary. I know chances are this won't happen but I think it is a good idea and could happen with enough positive feedback.
I thought those lobbies weren't classic though. True they're older and the give some players the #feels but they just aren't really classic. Personally the lobby doesn't matter to me but it's just my 2 cents :)

dodo9797

Survivor
Reaction score
I hope so because it gets repetitive playing only sg1 and sg2 when all you really want is the v1 chests.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd be up for that. But then again, at what point would SG Classic stop being classic?

dq

District 13
Reaction score
I'd like it if SG4 was added :c

MNGLOGANp

Diamond
Reaction score
I enjoyed the lobby before the revamped lobby personally.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd like it if SG4 was added :c
I personally feel that SG4 was sort of the end point of the 'Classic-Era', or before they revamped everything and added more community maps. I'd only be up for it if it was a random map, because otherwise SG4 would be, as it was in the past, overplayed.

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
Putting Sg4 in there seems like a really bad idea. If playing 2 maps gets boring after a while, then EVERY SINGLE GAME being Sg4 would be a nightmare. Sure, they could add Breeze to add a little variety, but then we'd be right back to where we were right before v2 was released.

In my opinion, I think they should add some more maps, but mainly the bigger ones. I don't mind if some of the newer maps are brought over. It would still have the same survival feel that these servers are trying to recreate. I think these servers shouldn't be just about remaking the summer 2012 games, but improve where the original servers went wrong. I think a good starting point would be to add Sg3, but fix the problems that caused people to dislike it in the first place (stuff like the mobs at the start). I can't help but think that Sg3 could become much more popular if it wasn't buried at the start and played very rarely afterwards. Maybe add Overgrown too, and see how that goes with Breeze not in the poll. I forget if it was played a lot more in the 48 player servers rather than the 24s, but if it was, maybe not having Breeze in the poll would give that map another chance. If it wasn't, then I guess there's no real point in adding it again.

Not that I'm saying the smaller maps are necessarily bad, but they basically started the whole v2 style of gameplay (I don't believe the plugin was the main cause), and if the Classic servers are trying to avoid that, then they should avoid adding those maps. Someone said that the addition of Sg4 was the end of the Classic era, but I think the end started at Breeze, because that's where the whole "quick pvp games" started.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci