• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Just an Idea

dq

District 13
Reaction score
No pls i beeg fan.

Just put in up to SG3. :p
At least breeze? The reason i ask is because it would fix some of the problems with SG Classic, such as:

- Every game takes 30 minutes (considering you dont get targeted, starve to death)
- Map Bugs
- No Mobs

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Someone said that the addition of Sg4 was the end of the Classic era, but I think the end started at Breeze, because that's where the whole "quick pvp games" started.
SG4 and Breeze island were basically added around the same timeframe in my mind, and Vareide survivals were constants at the time. Breeze also marked the additions of Community maps, which ended up where we are now. So as Cpt. Dak said: I think if they DO end up adding maps to Classic, only add SG3... SG3 is also great with the 'survival in a forest' feel.

At least breeze? The reason i ask is because it would fix some of the problems with SG Classic, such as:

- Every game takes 30 minutes (considering you dont get targeted, starve to death)
- Map Bugs
- No Mobs
The first one is almost the entire point of Classic, but the last two need to be helped along.

Mobs were what made classic functional and interesting, the gears if you please. Without mobs, the games are pretty much wandering around until you get killed by a possible OP guy. With mobs, you'd be dodging building to building, circling around infested areas and tactically running away or targeting players made weak by the battering of the mobs. Mobs also end up as a last-resort food source for the starving, and if you're at the point of starvation hurling yourself at a mob may be detrimental to your health.

Mobs make the games more desperate, more difficult (full iron guy against four spread-out skeletons, anyone?), and more enjoyable. It'd actually help in solving the game length issue, as the weak slowly get killed by the environment.

So if they want classic to pull through, mobs would really get it up and going. I disagree with your opinion that Breeze would solve these problems, because I think that addition would just make an SG clone, rather than an SG variant.

Pork

Diamond
Reaction score
I was wondering if there could be sort of different versions of SGC. What I mean is maybe some of the servers are from summer 2012 and have those maps and that plugin, while some servers have the later MCSGv1 plugin, maybe with the 2012 Halloween Lobby or the FyreUK lobby, and have that plugin and those maps from late 2012 and early 2013. I wouldn't really care if there was a separate leaderboard for each version, I don't think it would be necessary. I know chances are this won't happen but I think it is a good idea and could happen with enough positive feedback.
Then I'd actually be playing classic, I would actually get the "feels".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci