• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is homophobia truly a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
In my original post I said I wasn't homophobic. I have no problem with gay people whatsoever, I even have a few gay friends like Tironas11. What I'm saying is I can't fathom thought of myself being gay, the thought of me being with another man makes me feel gross.
I know I was just saying it in general.

Reactions: dq
Reaction score
Me personally don't care who is gay or lesbian or something. But in Turkey people do weird things. They annoy with our religion and stuff than attack police, get naked and travel in neighboorhoods and than when we say something to them they start to talk about justice and stuff. I love my country so much but some people are weird.

Banterologist_

Experienced
Reaction score
So gay marriage is legal now blah blah blah that's cool and everything but ever since then I've seen a lot of "ha! Take that, homophobia!" comments around (meaning places also excluding mcsg and even real life.) But is homophobia really a a bad thing, and should a person feel as though they are in the wrong because they are homophobic? I don't think so.

My pal Fox said that homophobia encourages and spreads hate but I don't think that's true. Just because someone is homophobic, doesn't mean they're the type of person to go out and attack someone based on their sexual orientation.

I'm not homophobic, but I find the idea of being gay repulsive. But that doesn't mean I hate gay people. It's their lives and they can live it the way they want to. As long as I'm not openly hating on someone I don't see a problem.

What do u guys think?????
For me, there is nothing wrong with gay people

Reaction score
I'm not homophobic or homosexual either, but I'm really ok with both sides. If you're homophobic I don't mind, at least don't start attacking the people who are homosexual. And with the recent events, it doesn't feel like this is "EQUALITY". Gay marriage is legalized, I find that great, ut this is too much. Homosexuals are people too, they're not something special.
Anyways, these are the thoughts of a casual 13 year old, so I don't think you should be taking most of this seriously.

Eathuis

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm stuck at the same quandary. I'm not gay, I have nothing whatsoever against gay people - each to their own and all... but the thought of being with a person of the same gender is something I can't get my head around. It's perplexing to say the least.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter what sexual orientation you are, it's not like it's a choice.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not homophobic or homosexual either, but I'm really ok with both sides. If you're homophobic I don't mind, at least don't start attacking the people who are homosexual. And with the recent events, it doesn't feel like this is "EQUALITY". Gay marriage is legalized, I find that great, ut this is too much. Homosexuals are people too, they're not something special.
Anyways, these are the thoughts of a casual 13 year old, so I don't think you should be taking most of this seriously.
Don't worry homie

Ur opinion is just as good as anyone else's

J

Jojo

I will never get why people care about relationships of others and some even want to forbid them to marry each other... lol. Is their own one too boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci