• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

invisability potions

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Potions would add so much more to gameplay! If tier 3 chests WEREN'T better than tier 2 and just had potion ingredients and empty bottles, I'd find a new love of MCSG's gameplay.

And on the subject of the thread, an invisibility potion, I believe, would NOT be overpowered. If it were hard enough to get, there wouldn't be much punching anyone to death. And besides, the potion would wear off after a while, so the target could just run away until it has. Wearing armor and using the potion would render it obsolete, you'd need to be weak to sneak up on people.

If the sword were visible, you'd still be found, unless you didn't take it out. The keeping the blade hidden just makes using invisibility potions that much more stealthy, and that much more scary for the victim and the user. When will it wear off? When should I strike? So much fun can be had.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
My opinion on invisibility potions: Let's try them out and see how it goes. I honestly think invisibility potions would be fun for both sides...constantly worrying about that invisible guy who could be right around the corner or right at corn, ready to strike, or messing with people with them. Opening doors, sprinting around, punching them out of nowhere just once to freak them out...oh, the fun. :3

I don't think they'll be overpowered unless people let it be overpowered. The thing is, that's a skill to learn - learning to detect an invisible guy before he becomes a problem, and learning to be undetected.
Some people wouldn't even use them correctly either - some people would attack without armor on. The way they should be used is to sneak up on the opponent, then while they are checking a chest, crafting, etc., you put your armor on as quickly as possible, pull out your sword, and get an easy sneak attack. These kinds of sneak attacks are normally really hard to pull off due to them having spectator friends, being extremely careful and checking around them all the time, or anything of the like. This adds a new thing for them to watch out for...for all you know, someone could be right behind you.
It's the visible guy's job to make sure he doesn't get sneak attacked like that - he must be clever. Opening a crafting table for just a second so the foe starts putting the armor on, then turning around to check and see if there is one before actually crafting. If so, do the opposite back to them - sneak attack them while they are putting armor on. Another thing would be to go somewhere where they would have to stand on a pressure plate to get to him - if the plate activates, then someone is there. Possibly even go into a tight space like a small tunnel and swinging in both directions. If you hit somebody, then they are going to die. If you are still suspicious, put a fire behind you and keep moving on forward, swing constantly. Eventually, you'll get them, or they'll be trapped on the other side. They are many ways to check, you just gotta be clever. ;D
(The reason I say attacking with no armor on is a bad idea is because it would take roughly 7-8 hits with a diamond sword to actually kill them when they are in full iron. They can easily turn around and see the sword swinging in their face and swing twice to kill the guy...diamond/iron swords are 2-3 hit kills on unarmored foes, it wouldn't be hard.)

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The only way to be completely invisibile is to not wear armor, keeping its overpowering-ness in check. You'd pretty much only use these to run away or to make a much-needed sneak attack.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
If they are going to add the invisability potions they should get rid of the "footsteps" of spectators.
Or are they already removed?

Tobbvald

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd say that this is a very, VERY interesting concept. This would to a degree make having no armor better than wearing a full set of armor. This would only be useful for people who have no armor and give them a fair chance, because who goes through the trouble of un-equiping ones armor just to become invisible and make particle-effects? I approve of this quite interesting idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci