• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Introducing Twitch.tv VIP, Youtube VIP Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
How many streamers of MCSG with 1000 followers and thousands of views with a schedule do you know?
I wasn't talking about how easy it was to get it, I was talking about how usually when I see a VIP, they're a YouTuber that consistently uploads MCSG, now that they're adding streaming as another way to get VIP, it's a bit easier. Sure I don't know many consistent MCSG streamers and that they've raised the YouTube requirement to 20k, but isn't it a bit easier to get 1000 followers vs 20,000 subscribers? I know that you may not agree which is fine, but this is my opinion.

E

Ephiza

Well, now I know I can never apply for VIP since I was banned for 3 days by bountying and telling to target since they 5 man teamed me 7 games in a row :/

RonnieBond123

Diamond
Reaction score
Are they going to have different coloured names for Twitch, Youtube and Map maker VIP or is it going to be purple for all c:

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
I think their should specifically be a youtuber rank, twitch, rank, and builder rank, then reserve VIP for resigned senior staff. Then cut out things like instagram VIP (f0rkified) and things of the sort. Finally, demote any youtubers with VIP for only about 5k subs or less to plat donor, apologise and explain why. It wouldn't be fair for someone with that many subs to have VIP when there are others who have worked harder, only to not get it unluckily just because they applied later. :/
Bam, VIP, youtuber, Streamer, and Builder are all individual ranks and can actually be special the way VIP used to be.

RonnieBond123

Diamond
Reaction score
I think their should specifically be a youtuber rank, twitch, rank, and builder rank, then reserve VIP for resigned senior staff. Then cut out things like instagram VIP (f0rkified) and things of the sort. Finally, demote any youtubers with VIP for only about 5k subs or less to plat donor, apologise and explain why. It wouldn't be fair for someone with that many subs to have VIP when there are others who have worked harder, only to not get it unluckily just because they applied later. :/
Bam, VIP, youtuber, Streamer, and Builder are all individual ranks and can actually be special the way VIP used to be.
u wot

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
sounds good, bit of a dramatic increase for youtubers doe :/
We've noticed that the Youtuber market has grown dramatically as well. We're receiving approximately triple the amount of Youtube VIP applications than we previously have, and it became a chore to go through them all. In addition, the popularity of SG videos has climbed leading to a larger audience, but the amount of streamers has climbed in response as well. In order to decide who is most deserving of the exclusive rank in light of an increase in both audience size and streamer size, we had to increase our standards in response.

If you're saying this please please please stick by it, as I know in the past I've seen VIPs with ~2000 subscribers that haven't even uploaded an MCSG video. They weren't map makers either.​
VIPs who have under 10,000 subscribers usually are not VIPs for their Youtube channels. Many of them are builders, but some of them got VIP for other reasons such as participating in events, ex-staff members, or ex-Friends. Remember that some people are VIPs before, and then they make a Youtube channel afterwards.

Will current Youtube VIPs who met the old requirements but dont meet the new requirements be affected in any way?
Current Youtube VIPs will not have their VIP removed if they don't meet the current requirements. You folks are getting grandfathered in.

However, if you placed an application for VIP previously and got denied, you will be subject to the new standards if you apply again.

While we're on the subject, how about you guys stop giving an excessive amount of VIP ranks to map builders?
That's not my department, but I know that Dave has thought about it. Ultimately, if that is a decision, we'll announce it. Until then, we'll have plenty of mapmaker VIPs.

Sure I don't know many consistent MCSG streamers and that they've raised the YouTube requirement to 20k, but isn't it a bit easier to get 1000 followers vs 20,000 subscribers?
That's actually one of the hardest questions we had to ask ourselves when we had to balance the Youtube requirements and Twitch requirements. Hypothetically, we believe that followers are more difficult to acquire due to the fact that Livestreaming only grants exposure to a streamer during a set amount of time, whilst Youtubers have their videos exposed basically forever. As such, it's harder to gain exposure on Twitch.

Ultimately, we'll need to see how things actually go, and we're willing to tweak the requirements as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci