• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Solve the MCGamer Leadership Crisis

001nathan100

Quantum
Reaction score
I feel as if everyone needs to back up a bit. Well... Perhaps not just a bit to be quite frank.

This community I have been here for almost three years now, and have only become active since April 2014. And gosh have I loved every. Single. Moment of being here. And I'm glad we had our down-parts, because every horrible experience I have to go through, even as a staff member, only teaches me a new lesson. And every time I start feeling horrible, or always need someone to hug, or just simply feel as if I'm in a personal crisis, I have always relied on MCGamer, and they never failed to teach me so many different things.
This, I am grateful for.

As a staff member who (is also capable) absolutely enjoyed moderating literally ALL regions of the MCGamer network, discovering AU having shut down on such short noticed caused a little part of me to die inside. Because like both US and EU, this region had its own sets of issues like every other one did. And I absolutely enjoyed the opportunities to communicate and interact with other players from all over the globe. Despite our drastic differences, we still felt like a little world. We were truly a community.

Unlike the gigantic networks like Mineplex and Hypixel which has so many players that you can only really play with people you know well before joining, MCGamer offers a place in which you can make a proper experience. A place you can almost literally call "home". Yes, despite the fact that there were players who had made a large commotion in the community, so many more have made a large influence too. And just like every other amazing individual that made such a wonderful impact on the community, they started from square 1 as well.

Everyone can make a good influence here, but at the same time, can cause a massive disruption as well. But despite the event that had occurred recently which resulted in the shutting of yet another one of our most memorable regions, and the resignation of an abundant amount of staff members within the span of 2 days, we are still a community. It's absolutely unfortunate that AU players won't be able to play Minecraft Survival Games, but that does not, at any circumstances, exclude them from still being a part of the community. Because they are always welcome to come here in the forums and chat with friends on Teamspeak. However, it still feels so empty realizing that they cannot on the network with us any longer.

But that shouldn't give us an excuse to tear away from one another. Whether AU will be coming back or not is now entirely up to Chad, and unfortunately there's little that we can do about it. But that does not mean we must berserk ourselves into lashing out on Chad for making this decision, as it will NEVER help anyone in this situation. This is only just letting out steam on someone who's under the pressure that's beyond his control. This is literally no one's fault in the end. As someone who was literally the only remaining moderator in another community I worked in long before becoming a staff member here, I can tell how much pressure can break someone. And I reached that limit, which is why I resigned from there. Because I did all I could, and they literally are now better off without me.

As a staff team, we understand that you guys have such frustration, and that's okay. We're happy that you guys, as a community, had spoken out about this matter, to express how much value this has to you. But the hurtful comments, the hate, and the flame was never, ever needed. Because in the end, we still listen. No matter how soft your voice is. We still listen, and it's okay if you don't believe that. Because you guys, as a community, is what's most important, not the game. :')
Not trying to be rude, but this has nothing to do with wath Jimmer stated

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
You're not biased at all, it's not like he owns the build team you admin on :^) I can't speak to say if Dave is qualified as an owner because frankly I never knew him as an admin, but I've heard good things nonetheless

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
You're not biased at all, it's not like he owns the build team you admin on :^) I can't speak to say if Dave is qualified as an owner because frankly I never knew him as an admin, but I've heard good things nonetheless
have u heard the bad?

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Fair point, I have had more interaction with him than most others. I'll let the other people who have commented on the thread agreeing with me speak for themselves.

Btw: we should build together sometime. Teach me your ways

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci