• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Solve the MCGamer Leadership Crisis

Decemberr

VIP (;
Reaction score
You know, I really think you should stop commenting thoroughly on situations you really haven’t the slightest clue about all-around. Experience as a senior mod does not give you all-knowing power or insight, as much as you may believe it does. I’ve also already seen several bits of false/mis-informed information from you already.

[This portion has been slightly modified, so I’m editing it again with my own rewording.]
As far as Dave having Chad’s ear, this really is not the case. I don’t know what he may be telling you, but no one really tells Chad what to do or majorly influences his choices. Chad is Chad and makes his own decisions.[End modification]
As well, perhaps you believe him to be a good leader of TE, and perhaps maybe he is. That does not mean he’s fit to lead MCGamer, especially in a crisis state. I’ve had both fair and poor experiences with Dave, and my honest opinion is that, no, he should not be leading a Minecraft community.

People are leaving for various reasons and each person has, for the most part, thought their actions through. What they do is their decision, be it in the past or present.

One thing I’d like to leave here as well:
Devin has gone through hell and back several times for MCGamer’s benefit. Much of his life has been dedicated to this community and being a very close friend to him, I’ve had the chance to hear his side of the story. This needs to be recognized by a large amount of people, including you. Give him respect instead of public spotlight that may result in X problems being blamed on him. Seriously, it’s really not something he deserves. Has he always been perfect or is he? No, certainly not. Does he deserve to be part of your pity party? No, just stop.
I’ve also been a friend to Chad at one point or another, and I’ve seen the stress this community causes him. Not working for Chad directly myself but being close to some of those that do, I’ve seen multiple sides of his personality and personal, as well as work, ethics.
At this point, I think that Chad is severely stressed and really just wants to let MCGamer go. I may be wrong, though I think anyone not immediately involved needs to (frankly) shut up and sit back and let whatever is happening happen. Give Chad the time he needs to calm down and fix whatever he may or may not want to fix. Whether anyone likes it or not, it is his community and company and there’s nothing that will change that without his direct interference. In other words, whine and moan all you want, but you’re not changing anything by doing so.

As a side note: These thoughts are entirely my own and not representative of anyone or anything else. And, since you all love to think it so much, this is not meant to be a flame/hate response.

EDIT: As I know as well, several individuals love the “behind others backs” card, so keep in mind that what you say in private should at least slightly reflect what you’re saying to the public. ;)

Last edited:

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You know, I really think you should stop commenting thoroughly on situations you really haven’t the slightest clue about all-around. Experience as a senior mod does not give you all-knowing power or insight, as much as you may believe it does. I’ve also already seen several bits of false/misinformed information from you already.

As far as bringing Dave back and stating that he has Chad’s ear, you do realize why Dave "left" in the first place, correct?
As well, perhaps you believe him to be a good leader of TE, and perhaps maybe he is. That does not mean he’s fit to lead MCGamer, especially in a crisis state. I’ve had both fair and poor experiences with Dave, and my honest opinion is that, no, he should not be leading a Minecraft community.

People are leaving for various reasons and each person has, for the most part, thought their actions through. What they do is there decision, be it in the past or present.

One thing I’d like to leave here as well:
Ava has gone through hell and back several times for MCGamer’s benefit. Much of her life has been dedicated to this community and being a very close friend to her, I’ve had the chance to hear her side of the story. This needs to be recognized by a large amount of people, including you. Give her respect instead of public spotlight that may result in X problems being blamed on her. Seriously, it’s really not something she deserves. Has she always been perfect or is she? No, certainly not. Does she deserve to be part of your pity party? No, just stop.
I’ve also been a friend to Chad at one point or another, and I’ve seen the stress this community causes him. Not working for Chad directly myself but being close to some of those that do, I’ve seen multiple sides of his personality and personal, as well as work, ethics.
At this point, I think that Chad is severely stressed and really just wants to let MCGamer go. I may be wrong, though I think anyone not immediately involved needs to (frankly) shut up and sit back and let whatever is happening happen. Give Chad the time he needs to calm down and fix whatever he may or may not want to fix. Whether anyone likes it or not, it is his community and company and there’s nothing that will change that without his direct interference. In other words, whine and moan all you want, but you’re not changing anything by doing so.

As a side note: These thoughts are entirely my own and not representative of anyone or anything else. And, since you all love to think it so much, this is not meant to be a flame/hate response.

EDIT: As I know as well, several individuals love the “behind others backs” card, so keep in mind that what you say in private should at least slightly reflect what you’re saying to the public. ;)
I'm pretty sure you've misunderstood the entire point of the thread. In no capacity did I ever once state that Ava or any other resigned member of staff deserves any sort of mistreatment whatsoever. I have nothing but respect for all of them, as I would hope anybody would.

As for your comments regarding my inexperience with the matter - being a Sr. Mod does not give me the be-all and end-all on any matter. However, as a community member, I have the right to assess the community that I've been a part of for almost three years and provide a potential solution. I didn't ask for my solution to be taken as the word of God - I asked for discussion. There is a difference.

Decemberr

VIP (;
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you've misunderstood the entire point of the thread. In no capacity did I ever once state that Ava or any other resigned member of staff deserves any sort of mistreatment whatsoever. I have nothing but respect for all of them, as I would hope anybody would.

As for your comments regarding my inexperience with the matter - being a Sr. Mod does not give me the be-all and end-all on any matter. However, as a community member, I have the right to assess the community that I've been a part of for almost three years and provide a potential solution. I didn't ask for my solution to be taken as the word of God - I asked for discussion. There is a difference.
[Redacting this due to idiotic remarks...]I did not take your word as one coming from a “higher being”.[End redaction]
Clearly, you’re not understanding what I’m trying to say, but glhf with your “discussion”.

Last edited:
N

Nikola

Creative, Survival Games, SG Classic (for the oldies), Factions

THIS IS WHAT THIS SERVER NEEDS.

I honestly dont give 2 craps if a staff member like SG bingo or DD. The gamemodes arent played by the community and the community is what it makes the server not the staff members

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Luckily, I don’t believe in any sort of “God”, so I can say that’s certainly not how I took your word.
Clearly, you’re not understanding what I’m trying to say, but glhf with your “discussion”.
Thanks for the good wishes :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci