• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to make $500 fast?

GhostOfQualia

Experienced
Reaction score
well some people like to play other games besides minecraft and they would need better parts for high graphic intensive games.
Which he has covered. High intensive graphics = GPU. The GPU in his build can handle any modern game easily.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Not so stupid, he obviously plays minecraft and didn't mention any other games. It's not as though an i3 and a 760 is going to perform terrible on other games. The build you proposed was good for overall gaming but could be bested by mine in minecraft.
Well yeah, no duh. But having someone base their build on 1 game really is not a good idea... a 760 won't perform terrible, but is bested by a 290 by far. edit: the 760 has had it's price skyrocketed, a 280 would perform similarly for much cheaper.
I didn't know you could get afterburner with non MSI cards lol. It's altering the voltage that can cause real damage to your GPU, idk how far you can push the other manipulator options. I'm guessing it depends on the quality of your card's cooling system (fans). What I mean by this is that a card with multiple fans would be able to be pushed further than yours, which has 1 fan. Also on your PSU and its rating.

If you have warranty on these items, it probably doesn't cover damage by overclocking too much. Companies offer it as an appealing deal but it only really covers damage not caused by you. Really depends on the company.

If I were you, I'd quit while I was ahead lol. You are not getting bad fps by any standards.

I am only 17
Yeah I agree with you, the warranty doesn't cover overclocking damage, if your GPU fails now, you're screwed since you voided your warranty.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've made $800 on Steam within a month... was able to buy items for friends IRL and have them cash out for me.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Couldn't this thread have of just been set as your status instead? :D

GhostOfQualia

Experienced
Reaction score
Couldn't this thread have of just been set as your status instead? :D
This thread is full of discussion and having it as a thread rather than a status means it appears on the front page every time somebody posts on it, which helps OP. What was the point of your post? How ignorant can you be? Please leave.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
This thread is full of discussion and having it as a thread rather than a status means it appears on the front page every time somebody posts on it, which helps OP. What was the point of your post? How ignorant can you be? Please leave.
Rekt :0

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
No easy way out. I take classes for younger children and do occasional chores.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I'm just saying that the original intention if the post did not really warrant all this talk about different computer specs and all that, plus if he really was looking for ways to earn money, instead of increase his postage/like count, he could use the search engine named "Google"
Amazing right, thousands if answers at your finger tips instead of asking a minecraft community where flame is bound to errupt as we can see both ghost and baccaboy took that remark the wrong way. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but a status or googling it would be a less intrusive way if solving this money making issue powdski has.

Well that's mature.

GhostOfQualia

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm just saying that the original intention if the post did not really warrant all this talk about different computer specs and all that, plus if he really was looking for ways to earn money, instead of increase his postage/like count, he could use the search engine named "Google"
Amazing right, thousands if answers at your finger tips instead of asking a minecraft community where flame is bound to errupt as we can see both ghost and baccaboy took that remark the wrong way. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but a status or googling it would be a less intrusive way if solving this money making issue powdski has.

Well that's mature.
The only person being intrusive is you. He's free to ask anything he likes, your post was just pedantic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci