• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How come a lot of good PVPers can hit me like 2 or 3 blocks away from me but I can't?

DeluxeMunchies

Spectator
Reaction score
Something that has been a real problem for me that really screws me up is reach. In MCSG when I play against someone that is well known in the servers like mods, VIPs, or just someone that is good(but this happens all the time when I play against well known community members), they usually all can hit me like 2 to 3 blocks away from me. They don't even strafe me, they just usually charge straight at me, in fact, I actually try to strafe them but I can't because when I'm curving around to their back they just get the first hit on me usually, then after I get hit I try to swing at them but I can't because they hit me some more. Then they can basically hit me a bunch of times but I can't get a single swing. Also, I've heard that you shouldn't jump at an opponent because they will get the first hit, so sometimes I just sit there and wait for them to come then hit them without jumping, but for some reason they jump sprint at me and we hit each other at the same time, and on a few occasions they STILL hit me first, but it's mostly at the same time. This is really not as common is these servers as it is in a Kit PVP server where pretty much EVERYONE can hit me from so far away. Is there any setting that can make you have more reach? Like changing your FOV maybe? What can I do so I can maximize the reach of my hit and ensure than I can swing at them straightforward without them being able to hit me? Also it would REALLY help if someone knows the maximum amount of blocks far a sword can actually hit so I can tell if they are hacking or not.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I usually get this. As of right now I haven't been getting it and I'm loving it!

This problem I believe is cause by your internet connection and your location of how far away you are from the servers. You can fix your connection by using at least ethernet. Also if you can't hit them, use your fishing pole to back off them so they don't get all the hits on you and literally "rape" you.
Also if you do lag on Minecraft, close everything else you have on the background like; Internet browsers, and such.

Hope this helps you. :)

Last edited:

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
Its your connection thats why its harder to fight an eu player when your a us player and vise versa.

DeluxeMunchies

Spectator
Reaction score
I usually get this. As of right now I haven't been getting it and I'm loving it!

This problem I believe is cause by your internet connection and your location of how far away you are from the servers. You can fix your connection by using at least ethernet. Also if you can't hit them, use your fishing pole to back off them so they don't get all the hits on you and literally "rape" you.
Also if you do lag on Minecraft, close everything else you have on the background like; Internet browsers, and such.

Hope this helps you. :)
So it is just an internet connection thing? I don't think so, cause as I said, some people can hit me really far while some people can't. If it isn't hacking, then the problem is probably that they hit me first, and when someone hits you first if you try to swing back you can't hit them if I am correct. So how can I make sure that when someone else and I go head on each other than I make sure to get the first few hits on them and make them not able to attack me if they are an extremely good player and knows what they are doing? Also, I'm trying to get better at raw PVP action where we both have equal gear and just a sword with no fancy tricks to give you an advantage like Flint and Steel, that way I can use those tricks to add to my skill, and not win just cause I fishing rodded or flint and steeled him a bunch of times but because I have skill.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
First of all I think it is connection. If not.... Hax I'm joking its properly just your connection

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Most good pvpers have good or godly ping ( godly around ~30ms and good 100+) What do you get?

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
So it is just an internet connection thing? I don't think so, cause as I said, some people can hit me really far while some people can't. If it isn't hacking, then the problem is probably that they hit me first, and when someone hits you first if you try to swing back you can't hit them if I am correct. So how can I make sure that when someone else and I go head on each other than I make sure to get the first few hits on them and make them not able to attack me if they are an extremely good player and knows what they are doing? Also, I'm trying to get better at raw PVP action where we both have equal gear and just a sword with no fancy tricks to give you an advantage like Flint and Steel, that way I can use those tricks to add to my skill, and not win just cause I fishing rodded or flint and steeled him a bunch of times but because I have skill.
It is your connection. If someone has a better connection than you, they will obviously hit you from 2 or 3 blocks away. That also applies for the ones with bad connection, but their chances of hitting you will be as bad or worse than yours. I mean pvp is included in this, but the lag is a mayor favour in between you and your opponent.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Let me just say that it happens to the best of, as when you are flying back,they have the advantage of advancing on you and constantly getting the first hit. Here is an example of what happened to Gravey4rd:
Go to 8:50, notice how my last 2 hits don't allow him to attack.
Note: this is just the only example I have, don't hate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci