• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Highfield Estate

Do you want to see Highfield Estate on MCGamer?

• Total voters

ConsiderCandy

Platinum
Reaction score
This map is lacking a lot of originality and flare. It's quite bland and I don't really get it. Nothing really says 'WOW' to me. Just not my cup of tea :p Looks like a decent amount of effort into it though :)

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
This map is lacking a lot of originality and flare. It's quite bland and I don't really get it. Nothing really says 'WOW' to me. Just not my cup of tea :p Looks like a decent amount of effort into it though :)
Ok, I actually find this comment really offensive, as it's completely wrong. First off, the fact you you said "I don't really get it" pretty much suggests to me that you didn't take time to actually read the thread. Secondly, you said this map lacks originality and flair (spelt correctly) is wrong. Maybe it lacks flair, as that could just be a personal opinion, but to say it lacks originality is just plain wrong. There are no other maps on MCSG with a theme even near to this. So please, if your going to give feedback, at least give some that's useful.

JempkoYT

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok, I actually find this comment really offensive, as it's completely wrong. First off, the fact you you said "I don't really get it" pretty much suggests to me that you didn't take time to actually read the thread. Secondly, you said this map lacks originality and flair (spelt correctly) is wrong. Maybe it lacks flair, as that could just be a personal opinion, but to say it lacks originality is just plain wrong. There are no other maps on MCSG with a theme even near to this. So please, if your going to give feedback, at least give some that's useful.
You have to learn how to take criticism sir. Candy was simply stating her opinion. Sorry to break it to you, but not 100% of people are going to like your map. As a map builder you have to learn how to deal with those people.

ConsiderCandy

Platinum
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with stating my opinion. At least I gave you feedback before I voted no to your map, and you should appreciate any feedback you get and take it into consideration. Also, http://gyazo.com/bd6404da2f8cef0afe477af5d7e230a5 . I used constructive criticism and in no way is that wrong. Thank you.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
At least we provide the constructive feedback you can't seem to find the time to give. Simply voting 'no' on our map without any reason given is rather rude. So I don't believe it's fair for you to be offended by the fact that we spent our time looking at your map, when you couldn't be bothered to do the same for ours. If anyone should be offended, it's us. (ParaVox)

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
You have to learn how to take criticism sir. Candy was simply stating her opinion. Sorry to break it to you, but not 100% of people are going to like your map. As a map builder you have to learn how to deal with those people.
Thanks, but I do know how to take criticism, but I'm not going to take criticism that's first off wrong, and second useless.

There's nothing wrong with stating my opinion. At least I gave you feedback before I voted no to your map, and you should appreciate any feedback you get and take it into consideration. Also, http://gyazo.com/bd6404da2f8cef0afe477af5d7e230a5 . I used constructive criticism and in no way is that wrong. Thank you.
Your feedback is useless, it is just an opinion and gives us nothing to work with. Also http://imgur.com/LAQ5g9d

At least we provide the constructive feedback you can't seem to find the time to give. Simply voting 'no' on our map without any reason given is rather rude. So I don't believe it's fair for you to be offended by the fact that we spent our time looking at your map, when you couldn't be bothered to do the same for ours. If anyone should be offended, it's us. (ParaVox)
I looked over your map, went and viewed every screenshot link as the ones on the thread were fairly vauge. I decided that the map needed some more work, so I voted no and left the thread. When I review a map, I like to make it fairly large, and I just didn't have the time then. But it's not rude to vote no and not give a reason, that's why the poll is there. As for providing "constructive feedback"? Well, I'm not so sure.

Overall I don't want to start a flame, so you can reply but I'm dropping this afterwards

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Here's my feedback,
Your map is bland and extremely simple. The lack of terraforming is apparent across the entire map and really takes away from the appearance. The randomization of blocks looks worldedited, as though you didn't have time to even use a simple scatter brush. I think this map needs a lot more work, or a complete redesign, if it plans on being accepted to MCSG. Your inability to act maturely and take criticism disgusts me and to be honest, this looks like a vain attempt to get VIP. Not an actual attempt at creating a well thought-out, pvp friendly, and overall beautiful map.
Thanks, but no thanks,
Ben/SpaghettiSquid

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
Here's my feedback,
Your map is bland and extremely simple. The lack of terraforming is apparent across the entire map and really takes away from the appearance. The randomization of blocks looks worldedited, as though you didn't have time to even use a simple scatter brush. I think this map needs a lot more work, or a complete redesign, if it plans on being accepted to MCSG. Your inability to act maturely and take criticism disgusts me and to be honest, this looks like a vain attempt to get VIP. Not an actual attempt at creating a well thought-out, pvp friendly, and overall beautiful map.
Thanks, but no thanks,
Ben/SpaghettiSquid
Whilst very harsh, thanks for actually giving some useful feedback

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
Updated screenshots! if you haven't seen them, then check it out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci