• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hi, I'm Darkrai202 - My Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I've been on both sides of the fence.

It's a touchy subject, and I enjoyed my time as a mod. I don't play the game much anymore.
But sometimes I just watch a random match in spectator mode instead of playing, and all I see is people trash talking each other, heaps of teaming, and even more randy teaming in death match. It's sad to be honest, would it not be so much nicer if everyone was chill?
Seriously people in AU need to give teaming a break, it makes the game way harder for people who might be new, or just not very good. Even for me, sure killing one stacked team a game can be seen as fun, but finding 4+ teams a game is just boring, who can be bothered having such a long game trying to kill these guys with the odds stacked against you.
As for being toxic, I think people should take it upon themselves to not retaliate against trash talking, and try to set an example.

Anyway glad to see you admitting to your mistakes.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
It's always nice to see these sorts of threads. It's hard to admit your mistakes, but owning up to them and apologizing for them is a tremendous burden being lifted off your shoulders. That is part of the process of becoming a better person.

A lot of good insights were shared here, and many of them definitely apply now more than ever. While I do not agree that you, Darkrai, were the cause of the current competitive culture's hostility, I am glad that you are sharing your old perspectives and your current ones. It shows how much has changed, and offers an example for others to look to in order to improve themselves and their situations.

This was a good thread, and I thank you for posting it.
Stuff like this kills the forums ffs. He was trying to apologise, what is the point?
At the end of the day, the account is still an alternate account of a permanently banned user. It's a matter of policy, and the staff don't have a choice in the matter.
I would have liked the account not to be banned in the interest of this thread, but I understand why it has to be.

theres probably a mod looking for a promotion ^ _^
Mods can't forum ban, but thank you for encouraging the negative perspective of the staff that Darkrai was trying to argue against.

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
At the end of the day, the account is still an alternate account of a permanently banned user. It's a matter of policy, and the staff don't have a choice in the matter.
I would have liked the account not to be banned in the interest of this thread, but I understand why it has to be.
Unless of course the player in question is someone like Lovelights, a person that staff like. Then, the staff will spend days finding some questionable and obscure loophole in the rules to keep him unbanned.

Love the hypocrisy.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Genuinely, endless regulation is what is killing the forums. As soon as the tiniest rule is broken a thread is locked, or a user is banned. It stifles discussion.

Reaction score
Unless of course the player in question is someone like Lovelights, a person that staff like. Then, the staff will spend days finding some questionable and obscure loophole in the rules to keep him unbanned.

Love the hypocrisy.
Oh kill 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci