• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Goodbye.

S

ShadowMasterZ

I've been going into thought about this as well.
Lately i've been seeing(like unchained said) a lot of immature people and some more issues about the community.
Reason why i've actually been thinking about it is because of these immature people, especially on the servers.
I've seen players teaming against me and insulting me very terribly after that.
....Just makes me think a bit....

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
For all of those people saying they are switching because the community is immature:

The Hive is still a fairly new community, and not many people know about it. I can guarantee that as time goes on and it gets more popular, there will be more immature people there too. I understand why you might want to stay there for now if that's the reason, but no point staying there forever if you're just switching because the community is nicer.

Reaction score
For all of those people saying they are switching because the community is immature:

The Hive is still a fairly new community, and not many people know about it. I can guarantee that as time goes on and it gets more popular, there will be more immature people there too. I understand why you might want to stay there for now if that's the reason, but no point staying there forever if you're just switching because the community is nicer.
Couldn't have said it better myself, MCSG is a community of over 100,000. There are bound to be some bad seeds in that amount. The hive is only starting up, I believe the forums have 2645 currently registered. Sooner or later that number will rise and as that happens more bad seeds will find the servers. Like everyone says, MCSG was very mature and very pure when it first began. But that changes over time. Keep that in mind.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally, I do not see why everyone has this idea that they must leave MCSG to go to the Hive. These two servers may be competing, but they are not mutually exclusive. There is no reason why you should feel that going to the Hive means you have to abandon MCSG. None at all. They are similar servers, but with a different focus, a different feel, and a different community. I personally prefer MCSG in pretty much every way, but I'm still willing to play some games on the Hive, because it provides a fun, semi-relaxing break. The fact that I play games on both servers does not mean that I have to leave either community, rather I can become engaged in each, and just choose one of them to devote the majority of my time to. But really, I'm tired of these, be all or end statements, proclaiming for the whole forums to see, that you are leaving MCSG for the Hive. Why not just start playing more games on the Hive than on MCSG? Why do you feel that you must leave one community to join another? Why not remain part of both?

TL;DR: The Hive and MCSG are not mutually exclusive; you can be a part of both communities.

BomBashious

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Since MCSGv2 came out there's been some problems, they will all be sorted though...
The Hive is not bad but i don't understnad y people leave MCSG for it. When MCSG is in a good "mood" (no lag, no NCP madness and not that many hackers) it's the best server.
Most people aren't leaving because of mcsg lagging and the new update being installed. Community is getting worse, every lobby is just spammed with baccas and benjas, some of them probably don't even know what a "bacca" is from other than hacksource.
People are getting super rude and obnoxious after killing you, or you killing them.
And my biggest reason for leaving, is all the secrets and lack of communication. I feel as if im left in the dark not knowing whats going on around me. Even Mods and Admins are starting to be a little immature about things, especially how chad and the devs delete almost every post about The Hive.

BomBashious

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally, I do not see why everyone has this idea that they must leave MCSG to go to the Hive. These two servers may be competing, but they are not mutually exclusive. There is no reason why you should feel that going to the Hive means you have to abandon MCSG. None at all. They are similar servers, but with a different focus, a different feel, and a different community. I personally prefer MCSG in pretty much every way, but I'm still willing to play some games on the Hive, because it provides a fun, semi-relaxing break. The fact that I play games on both servers does not mean that I have to leave either community, rather I can become engaged in each, and just choose one of them to devote the majority of my time to. But really, I'm tired of these, be all or end statements, proclaiming for the whole forums to see, that you are leaving MCSG for the Hive. Why not just start playing more games on the Hive than on MCSG? Why do you feel that you must leave one community to join another? Why not remain part of both?

TL;DR: The Hive and MCSG are not mutually exclusive; you can be a part of both communities.
You make very good points, but i'm just not really having fun with mcsg too much anymore :/

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Well said
Back when I started playing last summer, the community was generally quite mature because it was so small, But as word gets around, more and more younger people started joining, and as you said, The Hive will likely turn out the same.
(I don't mean to offend members of either community)

Reaction score
People think The Hive is so great because there are no jerks or anything, YET. When MCSG first come around, I guarantee 99% of people were kind nice and generous like people claim the "Hive" to be. Everything is nice at first, until hackers find it, until it gets DDoS, until little sour pusses start screaming "HACKER" whenever they die. Honestly, you just have to get past it. The Hive, won't stay nice, hacker, and idiot free for long. It'll end up in the same situation were in now. They will go through updates and stuff that WILL cause lag, rubber banding and stuff. SO PLEASE, don't say that the Hive is better because MCSG is leggy and there are mean people, it's going to happen to the Hive too eventually.

Reaction score
People think The Hive is so great because there are no jerks or anything, YET. When MCSG first come around, I guarantee 99% of people were kind nice and generous like people claim the "Hive" to be. Everything is nice at first, until hackers find it, until it gets DDoS, until little sour pusses start screaming "HACKER" whenever they die. Honestly, you just have to get past it. The Hive, won't stay nice, hacker, and idiot free for long. It'll end up in the same situation were in now. They will go through updates and stuff that WILL cause lag, rubber banding and stuff. SO PLEASE, don't say that the Hive is better because MCSG is leggy and there are mean people, it's going to happen to the Hive too eventually.
I agree, some of the best servers you'll find are ones with very few players and a slow growing community.

Reaction score
I agree, some of the best servers you'll find are ones with very few players and a slow growing community.
Exactly. With all the hype going around with the Hive, it's not going to be on of those communities.
Matter of fact. I used to be part of a very small growing, isolated community. It was great. No hackers, no swearing, that is really a dream community.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci