• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Goodbye CA for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
As an Australian, reading all of this discussion regarding US server location makes me question some things. Can anyone explain to me what ping range is average for a US player? Particularly, what ping does a CA player get on the US servers?

It seems to me a lot of people are fighting for a specific server location to simply allow them a < 10 ping. I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, I'm just interested.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
A quick proposition fir the movement of US. Instead of living it to Texas which is in the South, center it even more. I don't know how well internet speeds are there, but Kansas seems ideal.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
A quick proposition fir the movement of US. Instead of living it to Texas which is in the South, center it even more. I don't know how well internet speeds are there, but Kansas seems ideal.
Both Kansas City, KS/MO and Austin, TX were the first and second cities to ever have Google Fiber if that answers your question

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Both Kansas City, KS/MO and Austin, TX were the first and second cities to ever have Google Fiber if that answers your question
It's more North and the current server location gives me 80+ ping on average.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
It's more North and the current server location gives me 80+ ping on average.
I honestly think Kansas City or Omaha would be the best places, but I feel like nobody would listen due to me living in Kansas and being biased

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly think Kansas City or Omaha would be the best places, but I feel like nobody would listen due to me living in Kansas and being biased
I live in MA and would appreciate that.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
As an Australian, reading all of this discussion regarding US server location makes me question some things. Can anyone explain to me what ping range is average for a US player? Particularly, what ping does a CA player get on the US servers?

It seems to me a lot of people are fighting for a specific server location to simply allow them a < 10 ping. I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, I'm just interested.
I live in Texas...I used to care...Now its all for fun.
Looks like I'm playing on Hive.
:eek:

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score

I used to get 180 ms to CA and 200 ms to US.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Heres my question where is it hosted now? I don't even remember LMAO

Evermore

Career
Reaction score

CA wasn't hosted in an ideal location for CA players, rather it gave ideal ping to East Coast US players. I have many friends that live in CA that get around 150ms-200ms to both US and CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci