• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Global Leaderboards Update: Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEllipse

Platinum
Reaction score
Do you have to show your stats right now? Because you said it will be showing the old stats too?

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an update. Talked with Chad regarding the policy decision to derank players, and we've changed some minor aspects of the policy and made the wording more clear. Do note that the Admins plan to have a meeting about this at a later date to finalize our policy, but this is the current proposal.
  • After the update goes active on 11/12/2014, user who have are found guilty of hacking will have their account permanently deranked from the Leaderboards. Their statistics will remain, but they will lose their ranking amongst the global leaderboards. Anyone who has ever played a game through unfair means does not deserve to be ranked amongst those who play fairly.

Spectral_Slayer

Platinum
Reaction score
Just an update. Talked with Chad regarding the policy decision to derank players, and we've changed some minor aspects of the policy and made the wording more clear. Do note that the Admins plan to have a meeting about this at a later date to finalize our policy, but this is the current proposal.
Agreed.

colterisepic

Platinum
Reaction score
Will their stats update too?

TheSalexMC

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't not agree with that at all.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Will their stats update too?
Yes. They will just be removed from the leaderboard ranking, just as they are now. Really, all we're doing is just making our current policy just a bit stricter to deter more hackers.

I don't not agree with that at all.
Everyone is free to suggest alternative measures to deter hackers.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Surely that's just discriminating between people simply looking at when they started playing? Also, as much as it's good that the staff are discussing this and listening to the community (better than a lot of other similar servers), this rule still isn't good in my opinion.

The old system of deranking after a permaban was great for 2 reasons: firstly it gave people a chance to reform, and secondly because it took false bans into account. They happen no matter how good the staff team is, and there will be a handful of players who have never done anything wrong who cannot play on the leaderboards.

Just a final point: I don't think many people who hack really do it for their leaderboard rank, so I don't think it would be effective as a deterrent.

TheSalexMC

Platinum
Reaction score
Surely that's just discriminating between people simply looking at when they started playing? Also, as much as it's good that the staff are discussing this and listening to the community (better than a lot of other similar servers), this rule still isn't good in my opinion.

The old system of deranking after a permaban was great for 2 reasons: firstly it gave people a chance to reform, and secondly because it took false bans into account. They happen no matter how good the staff team is, and there will be a handful of players who have never done anything wrong who cannot play on the leaderboards.

Just a final point: I don't think many people who hack really do it for their leaderboard rank, so I don't think it would be effective as a deterrent.
I agree with you 101%

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Gamma is considered hacking here, goodbye to my rank for one simple mistake when I was more of a 'noob' and had NO idea it was against the rules. I was told to do something, barely gave me an advantage but yeah... Thanks alot MCSG, thanks alot! I hope you consider small things like this and don't de-rank us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci