• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gender Issues in our Community

Do you think this is a major problem in our community?

• Total voters

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly it goes both ways. Although they are "Harassed" (I've heard plenty worse in TS not based on gender), many use it to their advantage to team, become popular, get likes, a moderating spot, etc. Again, honestly, some girls actually like the "Harassment" that was shown in the screenshots (It gives them security). With that being said, I doubt that the gender barrier could really be broken in this community with the majority of people that are male teens, because the 2 sexes, male and female, are biologically different, and people will always be attracted/use those biological (And anatomical ;) differences). You could try to moderate the gender abuse but you also have to look at the advantages they get. (e.g. the show yourself thread, an average-not-well-known boy posts and gets 1-5 likes, a girl posts, gets 5-10).

Edit: I've always disagreed against complete gender equality, not because I'm a male and I'm the "dominant" sex, but for the reason that woman and man are very different beings. In a world where women couldn't vote until about a century ago, it will take a while for them to get the same wages, same occupations, etc. We cannot automatically and easily change a prejudiced that was around since the dawn of first mankind. Also, this: http://www.medicaldaily.com/men-mat...s-after-be-exact-british-study-reveals-246716
-Mathy

Last edited:

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Math, I agree with everything you said minus the last paragraph. Just because they didn't have the same rights as us in the past doesn't mean they have to "earn it over time" or the equivalent.

The world, or most of the mature world, has acknowledged that women have the same rights as men. Simply because the Native Americans were here first doesn't mean they got to dictate whether America was colonized. If that was the case, none of us would be citizens and have any rights at all.

Rights aren't something you earn, they are something you are born with and die with. Whether others acknowledge your rights is the question. So what I got out of what you said is that men are not willing to acknowledge women's rights yet and it's still "to soon". And that is wrong.

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
Females mature faster than males, which is also part of the reason why girls like older guys. Boys in minecraft be craycray.

I am Huahwi, and I approve this message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci