• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gender Issues in our Community

Do you think this is a major problem in our community?

• Total voters

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
Anyway, the comment where I believe you're stating the drama came from was to be completely fair a complete ****storm of hate, (Yes, you and some members of the rebels are to blame too) however the point you were trying to get across was fair as you were hurt by it... Maybe next time something like that arises you.. Step away and ignore it instead of biting the persons head off.
The only reason I think that got blown out of propotion was because it was sort of a 50/50 situation. It was sad to know that people agreed to it. For anyone who doesn't know, the comment was "I am a girl on the internet, where is my free rebels officer." The only reason this one hit close to home was because I worked hard for the spot with Rebels and people seemed to be taking it as a joke. But none-the-less, it wasnt a necessary comment.

Guys shouldn't be changing their pictures to girls and mocking them. Sure, change your picture to a "hot" girl thats fine, just don't go around poking fun at them. That's the part I, amoung others, don't appreciate. It was funny the first time, but after a while it just gets mean :p

I suppose I am being butthurt, but I went through multiple situations so I sort of have a reason to act this way. This thread may not effect the community later, but this is the now, and it is taking charge of a huge problem we have going on.

***ps, I'm not mad at you lol c:

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The only reason I think that got blown out of propotion was because it was sort of a 50/50 situation. It was sad to know that people agreed to it. For anyone who doesn't know, the comment was "I am a girl on the internet, where is my free rebels officer." The only reason this one hit close to home was because I worked hard for the spot with Rebels and people seemed to be taking it as a joke. But none-the-less, it wasnt a necessary comment.

Guys shouldn't be changing their pictures to girls and mocking them. Sure, change your picture to a "hot" girl thats fine, just don't go around poking fun at them. That's the part I, amoung others, don't appreciate. It was funny the first time, but after a while it just gets mean :p

I suppose I am being butthurt, but I went through multiple situations so I sort of have a reason to act this way. This thread may not effect the community later, but this is the now, and it is taking charge of a huge problem we have going on.
Nonono, you're not butthurt at all, the comment did target people such as yourself, I know if I was in that situation I'd be fairly nasty to that person aswell.

By the way, the picture I'm using is a random picture I found off google. If you feel offended by it or anything please let me know and I'll change it.

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
Nonono, you're not butthurt at all, the comment did target people such as yourself, I know if I was in that situation I'd be fairly nasty to that person aswell.

By the way, the picture I'm using is a random picture I found off google. If you feel offended by it or anything please let me know and I'll change it.
Lol no, don't. I've stated my opinion and I appreciate your opinion and your sympathy towards the situation.

c:

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I apologise for it causing drama, if you're honestly hurt by it please take my word for it that I never intended a simple sentence to hurt anyone. It was merely a joke between friends.

Anyway, the comment where I believe you're stating the drama came from was to be completely fair a complete ****storm of hate, (Yes, you and some members of the rebels are to blame too) however the point you were trying to get across was fair as you were hurt by it... Maybe next time something like that arises you.. Step away and ignore it instead of biting the persons head off.

Anyway, idiots on the Internet exist. People will always take something they found and alter it (Like what's been done on these forums) to put their point.. Or hate across. Apologizes if anyone was hurt by this however I believe everyone is over-reacting.. Just slightly. Sexism exists everywhere. Before and after this thread. This thread, to be honest will have no effect on 99% of the community.
I don't see many.. or any people who have been offended by the ORIGINAL statement. (The like spam one)

Sexism such as the other examples you displayed are plain wrong however.
Yeah, let me rephrase myself. Give me a moment to collect my thoughts and go to school haha.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It is a problem, but I dont think it applies only to us, its everywhere on the internet. Immature kids will be immature, its sucks but thats sexism for you. Its sad and its stupid.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
My 1am I cannot brain I has the dumb post: Omg there are so many more girls on MCSG now lol, when there were about 6 active on TS/the forums, and I knew two irl. XP

(i want to say more on the matter later, when I can form comprehensible sentences. :D)

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
It is a problem, but I dont think it applies only to us, its everywhere on the internet. Immature kids will be immature, its sucks but thats sexism for you. Its sad and its stupid.
If you give a a boy the internet, and he has the ability to message a girl, there's a good chance you will see immature messages such as these. Boys thinking with parts other than their brain is a problem in general, not just MCSG.
That doesn't justify it. "Oh, it's sad and stupid, but boys will be boys."

Yes, the internet is a place like this and maybe this thread doesn't do much to stop it. But we can't simply accept that. We have to fight against it. Accepting otherwise is justifying it.

As to the "I'm a girl on the Internet, where's my like spam?"

Yes, I invented that. It was never meant to get out of hand like it is now, however if you disagree with that statement I'd like to inform you it's actually true.
@darkai202, you have said what you have needed too. And @Zoeticly has made most of my original points already.

But yes, understand that it can be offensive. Saying a girl is only like-spammed and followed because she is simply a girl is... well yes, offensive. That's why I added your post to this thread @BetaPuffle -- it works similarly.

Last edited:

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Yes, the internet is a place like this and maybe this thread doesn't do much to stop it. But we can't simply accept that. We have to fight against it. Accepting this is letting is justifying it.

@darkai202, you have said what you have needed too. And @Zoeticly has made most of my original points already.

But yes, understand that it can be offensive. Saying a girl is only like-spammed and followed because she is simply a girl is... well yes, offensive. That's why I added your post to this thread @BetaPuffle -- it works similarly.
True but when I tried doing a similar thing with pointing out problems I saw in the staff I was temp banned for a time. I tried to change things but I ended getting thrown under the bus.

Yes, the internet is a place like this and maybe this thread doesn't do much to stop it. But we can't simply accept that. We have to fight against it. Accepting this is letting is justifying it.

I understand your point and I'm not accepting sexism. But let me ask you, is there anyway you can think to stop it besides temp banning people? That's all I can think of and if thats excepting sexism then so be it.

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
It is a problem but not a major one. It just guys trying to impress girls in my opinion.

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is absolutely correct, it's always a problem in the hub aswell,
eg; "*****, Could we make out because your hot"
and other more explicit comments,
thankyou for making this thread,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members