• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

*Frustrated* Rant and Suggestions for the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacrye

Tribute
Reaction score
I dont agree, I think its all about tactics and personally I dont like agreeing with HSenor since he is my business partner.

MPMG

Tribute
Reaction score
I think the camping in the center makes more sense because in the real hunger games you cant carry more then a backpack and a weapon. but i do think the outside chests should have better stuff then the inside like you shouldn't find diamond stuff in the middle but only basic things like iron and the outside should have diamond stuff or other various things like a map or bow

Legacy

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it makes a little more sense to find higher tier loot outside Corn, some say having less higher tier loot in center will solve the problem. However, in some circumstance, one guy might recieve 1 diamond sword with full diamond armor from center while everyone else in center gets a measly wooden sword. So decreasing high tier loot chance at center ISN'T the BEST solution there is.

Also I think the entire point is to be lucky. Afterall, somone can memorize all chest locations if loot is never randomized and not based on luck. If loot was always the same, then someone could create a route that maximizes the possibility of high tier loot in a small amount of time --> undefeatable player every game.

Appart from the luck of finding good loot, some loot is COMPLETELY USELESS
-Compass (doesn't point to Corn, is it supposed to?)
-Flint & Tinder (can't kill people by lighting with fire, Untested: lights netherblock?)
-

HSenor

Spectator
Reaction score
I was just thinking of less of a range of items. So instead of one person getting a wood sword, while their opponent gets a diamond sword, it would be like stone vs. iron. Leaving some chance, but allowing skill to mostly take over.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like in the story, holding the center is a very good strategy as you will have better chances of winning because you are around the items. As for the chances of the rate better items spawn, I do agree its a little high for diamond items. We are going to tone down the spawn rate of those items a little and again, we can adjust as we go! Really we will only see these types of issues after playing more of it. I will go though the list tonight and see what I can do.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think we will reach a point where it is balanced in combat. The whole point of the Career's in the books is that they are superior physically, which allows them to get the good stuff. I've seen a lot of people mentioning that skill should be more involved somehow, but this is Minecraft, unless you spend a lot of time on PvP servers (which i don't) you don't really know the best way to fight other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci