• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

*Frustrated* Rant and Suggestions for the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSenor

Spectator
Reaction score
The games have become almost entirely based on chance. There is no skill involved, its an almost guaranteed win for someone with a diamond sword and/or armor. Also, if people camp in the center area they are almost guaranteed a win. When the chests refill the chests in the center usually have a full set of diamond armor, and a diamond sword, making it nearly impossible for the people not in the center to win.

I suggest the following:
  • Add Mob Spawners underground in the center so at night monsters spawn above ground. This way people can't just sit there and wait for the chests to refill, they will have to fight the monsters to survive. I have noticed standing in the center of the map at night keeps you protected from hostile mobs, but the people not in the center are actually faced with a challenge.
  • Have only half of the center chests refill at night to reduce the chances of overpowered gear.
  • Since the chests in the outer area of the map are relatively spread out, increase the probability of items spawning in them, this way center campers do not have a guaranteed win.
  • Remove/decrease the possibility for a Diamond Sword.
All I'm saying is that its frustrating to walk away from the center, then when you go back, the people that have stayed in the center the entire round have far superior items than people that have not stayed in the center. And if you survive to the death match without camping at the center, the person you fight in the death match probably camped in the center, and has a big(too big) advantage. I know that staying in the center is a strategy, but if you don't find a sword in the chest when you run at the beginning of the round, you can't stay, and when you go back for items someone is there camping.

Another option would be to remove the chance of weapons spawning in the center, forcing people to venture out.

Let me know what you think and if you agree/disagree with me. Feel free to piggy back on my ideas/suggestion too.

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree that the more advanced items should spawrn in chests that are not in the center of the map (or bit of both). But I'm sure more tweaks will come in the coming weeks as more testing is done and all servers are released to the public.

I think this is the first time someone has tried to make this game mode automated (??) so ironing out small imperfections in its infant stage will surely come!!

CalfEggs

Tribute
Reaction score
All items need to stay at the center, just instead of chest refills, have a feast at the final 12 and the final 8. That is where the awesome gear is.

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
i think there should be some reasoning to leave the spawn though because even with drawing them out they never go far enough

scoutcallie

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes , it is a problem that minecraft is very limited on what you can do to get rid of them, but sometime somebody will figure out a way, and it is up to them to tell their secret or not. You will figure it out if you try.

HSenor

Spectator
Reaction score
Well have you read the books? The team with the numbers grabbed all the stuff and used bombs to rig it so no one could get to it (like camping.) You have to be like Katniss and use your ingenuity to come up with a way to get to the chest.
This isn't the book. I'm just trying to suggest things that would make the games more enjoyable for ALL, not just the people that unfairly (yes unfairly would be my opinion) win.

scoutcallie

Tribute
Reaction score
ok whatever your opinion is i was just putting that out there for you to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci