• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Faction Survival Closing Announcement

radtak1

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello Tributes,

Over the past few months, we have held had factions based survival servers on Minecraft. When we initially created it, we had the intention of having a server where groups of friends can get together and compete against one another with friendly rivalries over land and resources. It was a team-focused game that would let friends do something together in an organized fashion.

But in reality, “friendly rivalries” quickly escalated into something much worse than that.

Factions is meant to be competitive, but many players would take playing the game way too far. From the near-constant accusations of hacks to in-game actions being taken as personal attacks, players of all levels were affected by drama between factions. Friendly rivalries became hyper-competitive, and people began using out-of-game information to affect in-game actions. Faction arguments would elevate beyond the scope of the server and eventually spilled over into the larger community as a whole and even through third-party applications. Factions Survival, started with the best of intentions, soon became a hostile environment.

For the longest time, we did our best to address the issues that people brought up in Factions, but enough is enough. Countless hours have been spent trying to make peace between the players from various Factions, only to have issues return only days later. Arguments would escalate rapidly out of control and ultimately become a detriment to the community. People didn’t want to join the Factions server because they knew they were jumping into a flamewar. A server is not worth the trouble if it causes so much stress to the staff, the players, and the community as a whole.

We apologize for the sudden removal of Factions, but enough is enough. This is a videogame, not something worthy of personal attacks.

On the brighter side, something new is on the horizon. Survival will return in a new twist to fix the issues we had with Factions. And boy, is it a lot of fun.

TL;DR: family-friendly Factions just could not exist, but we are cooking up something that will be both fun and friendly.

We will soon provide a map download if you feel you want to continue your work elsewhere.

When will the new survival be added Chad? I know this is going to sound wrong but I bought the 75$ Donatorship for survival purposes soully. It has been close to 5 months now and there is still no update on when the "New Survival Server" will be added. In the time that has passed between the shut down and now I have tried to refrain from going on minecraft too much. So please. I am sure many people agree with me when I say this, all the servers need to have the survival server back. It would bring happiness to the entire network you have going on here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci