• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Easier way to reduce Minecraft Lag, and a question.

Raeson

Tribute
Reaction score
Wait... so I delete the minecraft I have and go download a new one? What about my world saves? I have copied them into another folder, but I'm not sure if that would help. But do I just delete EVERY file and go re-download it?
I know I am making everything confusing, but I want the volume back :DD
Mamiamato, like i said the saves are in a different folder.

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
Alright, this is ridiculous. Okay. Copy your saves folder to the desktop, delete your .minecraft, and open the launcher, allowing it to redownload the .minecraft, then replace the saves folder

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Alright, this is ridiculous. Okay. Copy your saves folder to the desktop, delete your .minecraft, and open the launcher, allowing it to redownload the .minecraft, then replace the saves folder
I hope you are right, but if you are not, I swear I will get mad at you.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
atticus Raeson When I open the menu when I click the sound switch my minecraft crashes

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
You're wrong, but anyways, getting a fresh minecraft did not seem to work. Any other suggestions?
Not sure if trolling or just not knowledgeable. Let me walk you through this. Baby steps.

The "bin" folder in .minecraft contains minecraft.jar which is the majority of the game.
The resources folder include the sound files.
The saves file contains your minecraft maps.
The screenshots folder contains your screenshots.
The stats folder contains your stats.
The texturepack folder contains your texturepacks.
Your lastlogin contains your last login.
Your servers.dat folder contains your servers that you have saved.

In conclusion, You're wrong on many counts. Each part of minecraft contains different stuff.

Also, The minecraft launcher has NOTHING to do with your .minecraft, in fact it barely has any coding at all surrounding it, it's all the minecraft.jar.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Not sure if trolling or just not knowledgeable. Let me walk you through this. Baby steps.

The "bin" folder in .minecraft contains minecraft.jar which is the majority of the game.
The resources folder include the sound files.
The saves file contains your minecraft maps.
The screenshots folder contains your screenshots.
The stats folder contains your stats.
The texturepack folder contains your texturepacks.
Your lastlogin contains your last login.
Your servers.dat folder contains your servers that you have saved.

In conclusion, You're wrong on many counts. Each part of minecraft contains different stuff.

Also, The minecraft launcher has NOTHING to do with your .minecraft, in fact it barely has any coding at all surrounding it, it's all the minecraft.jar.
I put my saves in a seperate folder.
I deleted the .minecraft file
I re-downloaded it
I copy-pasted my world save files in there
But STILL, every time I go on my Minecraft, the sound is off.
When I click the thingy to make it go up, my Minecraft crashes
No matter how many times you try, my Minecraft will keep crashing

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
If you redownloaded a fresh minecraft jar and this didn't fix the problem. Then it's probably a hardware issue. Contact Mojang support directly or your computer's company tech support.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
If you redownloaded a fresh minecraft jar and this didn't fix the problem. Then it's probably a hardware issue. Contact Mojang support directly or your computer's company tech support.
How do you contact them?

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?

nah jk, on a serious note...
Maybe you dragged some Trojan horse inside your maps folder by accident, and without you knowing, the viruses are slowly corrupting the worlds changing all of your buildings into giant cobblestone catterpillars.

Check your maps folder and see if theres anything besides the map folders.

Maybe your soundcard died out. Update your driver!

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
Re download the launcher, try it with out your maps, this should be working, just a question, is it ALL of your sound or just mc?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci