• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Easier way to reduce Minecraft Lag, and a question.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Get the Optifine mod!
It is allowed, and is very quick and easy to install!
It allows you to change some settings, like swamp colors and capes.
Turning of certain things can make Mincraft run faster!
For all of the 32bit people out there!

Also, I downloaded the OCD texture pack and when it uninstalled, my minecraft has no volume. Can someone tell me what to do?

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
Texture packs have nothing to do with your sound so something else is the problem. Try downloading a clean minecraft jar file from mojang.com. Also next time your having problems with a specific thing like a texture pack or mod post about it on the site you found it on, not here. They will be much more likely and able to help you.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Texture packs have nothing to do with your sound so something else is the problem. Try downloading a clean minecraft jar file from mojang.com. Also next time your having problems with a specific thing like a texture pack or mod post about it on the site you found it on, not here. They will be much more likely and able to help you.
Yes they do Aeonic! The person said that the texture pack removed the volume from the game but when I deleted the texture pack and re-installed my game it still doesn't work.

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
Yes they do Aeonic! The person said that the texture pack removed the volume from the game but when I deleted the texture pack and re-installed my game it still doesn't work.
Sorry you're wrong. On the texture pack page when the creator is talking about "No noise" he is refferring to "noise" in the pixel art sense meaning shading/details.

Noise:
Much of the time, independent pixels (pixels that do not belong to a pixel cluster) are unable to convey sufficient information by themselves, and their inclusion usually only creates noise. Noise is any sort of information that does not contribute to the piece and serves only to interrupt the area it inhabits and distract the viewer. In pixel art, noise is often composed of independent pixels. For the purposes of this tutorial, single-pixel noise will be what I’m referring to when I use the term “noise”. The reason one must be careful when using a 25% dither (or any dithering, really) is because of the noise all the independent pixels create.
Single pixels expose the underlying grid by revealing the resolution of the image. Remember, in the wild, pixels travel in packs. It’s the nature of a pixel to long for a place in a pixel cluster. For this reason, independent pixels should only be used for very specific and purposeful reasons.
Source: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299

Texture packs are just .png pictures. They aren't capable of modifying your sound. Some texture packs may include different sounds, but you would always have to install a mod to change these. The texture pack alone could never do this. I actually went and downloaded the OCD texture pack just to see if there were any files besides pictures and there weren't.

Your problem is something else. Your minecraft jar either got corrupted or you changed something you shouldn't have. To fix your sound simply download a fresh minecraft jar: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_2_5/minecraft.jar and move that to your minecraft folder and replace the old one.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry you're wrong. On the texture pack page when the creator is talking about "No noise" he is refferring to "noise" in the pixel art sense meaning shading/details.

Source: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299

Texture packs are just .png pictures. They aren't capable of modifying your sound. Some texture packs may include different sounds, but you would always have to install a mod to change these. The texture pack alone could never do this. I actually went and downloaded the OCD texture pack just to see if there were any files besides pictures and there weren't.

Your problem is something else. Your minecraft jar either got corrupted or you changed something you shouldn't have. To fix your sound simply download a fresh minecraft jar: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_2_5/minecraft.jar and move that to your minecraft folder and replace the old one.
How the hell do you replace Minecraft without losing all of your saves?

Raeson

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm pretty sure that you can't share the minecraft.jar

How the hell do you replace Minecraft without losing all of your saves?
The worlds are in a different folder, if you look in the Save folder you will find all your maps.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm pretty sure that you can't share the minecraft.jar

The worlds are in a different folder, if you look in the Save folder you will find all your maps.
So how do I get a fresh Minecraft?

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
...Download it from minecraft.net?
Wait... so I delete the minecraft I have and go download a new one? What about my world saves? I have copied them into another folder, but I'm not sure if that would help. But do I just delete EVERY file and go re-download it?
I know I am making everything confusing, but I want the volume back :DD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci