• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Dox Threatening

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
You can't really avoid being DOX'd if the person threatning knows what they're doing, however it is illegal, so you can use that to your advantage in terms of law.

Change ip?
You can't really get much personal information from an IP, just a general where-abouts of the persons' living area.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay, I'll tell you this. It's not a dox unless he has ALL of your private information, credit cards, address, city, etc. If he knows where you live than big woopy do, if he gets any other information I'll say contact the police :) Never been in one of these situations, but the kid could of just used geolocate to find your internet tower, so if he knows what state than dont worry about it :3

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Okay, I'll tell you this. It's not a dox unless he has ALL of your private information, credit cards, address, city, etc. If he knows where you live than big woopy do, if he gets any other information I'll say contact the police :) Never been in one of these situations, but the kid could of just used geolocate to find your internet tower, so if he knows what state than dont worry about it :3
^ this.

Honestly, if they DOX you so what? They know where you live and all that, you think they'll pay you a visit? Of course not, their parents won't let them go all the way there. Anyways if they have your credit card information and stuff like that, then that can be a problem

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I believe you can change your ip by turning off your router for 10-20 minutes. After you turn it back on you should have a new ip.
^ this works if you have a dynamic IP. Another way is to contact your ISP and request a change of IP, they should do it for you easily.

Last edited:

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
^ this works if you have a static IP. Another way is to contact your ISP and request a change of IP, they should do it for you easily.
Thought it only worked with Dynamic and static was needing to call provider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci