• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't throw away the Leather Boots! (Breakdown of Armor)

Tzazon

Experienced
Reaction score
Exactly. The update that let us break flowers was amazing.
My main armor set is an Iron Helmet, Iron Chestplate, Iron Leggings, and Red leather boots.
Which I call red kicks.
It's my thing, done it since we could dye and break flowers in MCSG, I even know where flowers are in maps where there are only one rose. I do this since of course leather boots only cost me one half of an armor bar difference than full iron.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I love that people are finally starting to pick up on this. :3
In addition, I still like wearing chain or gold over leather because of the intimidation factor.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I love that people are finally starting to pick up on this. :3
In addition, I still like wearing chain or gold over leather because of the intimidation factor.
Everyone underestimates the intimidation factor.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
I think the benefit to wearing leather boots is that when people see you wearing them, they are not intimidated and will come after you which can be an advantage depending on the way you fight. Although gold and chain boots may be more intimidating, leather boots can fool people into thinking you are poorly geared. Most of you are talking about wearing gold and chain boots for the intimidation factor, but what about the "un-intimidation factor?" It's like when you see a noob with full leather and a wooden sword, but when you start fighting them, they pull out a diamond sword. Looking as nooby as possible while wearing some armor that has sufficient defence can prove to be a great strategy to fool people into thinking that you aren't as geared as them. Thus, they try to fight you, and you destroy them. This is just a strategy that some people might not have thought of ;)

On regards to fooling people, a tactic I use is running around with a fishing pole not showing off my sword. Keeping your sword hidden while running around is a MAJOR advantage. This or holding a wooden sword when you actually have an iron or diamond sword. These are some great strategies that are very successful for me :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think the benefit to wearing leather boots is that when people see you wearing them, they are not intimidated and will come after you which can be an advantage depending on the way you fight. Although gold and chain boots may be more intimidating, leather boots can fool people into thinking you are poorly geared. Most of you are talking about wearing gold and chain boots for the intimidation factor, but what about the "un-intimidation factor?" It's like when you see a noob with full leather and a wooden sword, but when you start fighting them, they pull out a diamond sword. Looking as nooby as possible while wearing some armor that has sufficient defence can prove to be a great strategy to fool people into thinking that you aren't as geared as them. Thus, they try to fight you, and you destroy them. This is just a strategy that some people might not have thought of ;)

On regards to fooling people, a tactic I use is running around with a fishing pole not showing off my sword. Keeping your sword hidden while running around is a MAJOR advantage. This or holding a wooden sword when you actually have an iron or diamond sword. These are some great strategies that are very successful for me :)
I've thought of that strategy since playing, but with my connection and derping I'd much rather take my chances against a back than a sword of any kind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci