• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't throw away the Leather Boots! (Breakdown of Armor)

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Have you ever called someone a noob because they had leather boots equipped when they had chain boots in their inventory? Well, the fact is, you're the noob :p The amount of defence a piece of armor gives varies for each part. Yes, durability is very simple in which: Diamond > Iron = Chain > Gold > Leather. However, some pieces of armor have the same amount of defence points which is the main focus when playing MCSG. It's not likely your armor will break while playing MCSG so durability isn't really a factor in deciding which armor you need. I made this post because my friends bug me a lot about my armor, but my nooby leather boots are just as good as their chain boots! Here is the breakdown of armor defence points:

http://imgur.com/7K7AR10 (Easy breakdown of defence points)

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Armor (Advanced breakdown of armor and source of all information)

I hope this helps you out! Don't throw out those leather boots :p

Last edited:

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
This makes the brain hurt... It needs more organisation. #OCDProblems.

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
My bad! I didn't know it would re-format it D: Click on the link for now :) Much more organized haha
Ok, This is a cool and original thread. I wish there was more threads like this ;-;

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Durability can matter if you're using the same pair of leather boots all game, but not that much. Other boots are more intimidating and swaggy though.

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
Durability can matter if you're using the same pair of leather boots all game, but not that much. Other boots are more intimidating and swaggy though.
Leather boots = Gold = Chain
Iron greater by .5
Diamond is greater by 1.
I really don't think the boots matter that much xD

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Leather boots = Gold = Chain
Iron greater by .5
Diamond is greater by 1.
I really don't think the boots matter that much xD
You know the fights where you win by .5 hearts? That wouldn't be possible without boots. They have 1 job; they are the ultimate last line of defense. Your closest and greatest victories couldn't be achieved without boots.

TL;DR: Boots are the best thing ever.

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
You know the fights where you win by .5 hearts? That wouldn't be possible without boots. They have 1 job; they are the ultimate last line of defense. Your closest and greatest victories couldn't be achieved without boots.

TL;DR: Boots are the best thing ever.
I ment which type of boot matter >.> Sorry for the miscommunication.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I ment which type of boot matter >.> Sorry for the miscommunication.
Still, in those .5 heart fights iron boots might save you where leather wouldn't.

And you realize I was joking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci