• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Does clicking faster really make you better at PVP?

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
No, you're partially wrong. If you click 7 times per second, you'll get the same amount of hits as if you clicked 10 per second. Minecraft only registers a few clicks per second when it comes to PvP. This is coming from someone who got this today:

I will deny any claims of me using a autoclicker for this, but I did use a autoclicker.

VeryPoke

Spectator
Reaction score
I'll explain my point of view on this topic, coming from a soup pvp community.
So, there is a max clicking rate that Minecraft accepts, but clicking fast does increase your PvP.
If I were to click, say 3 times a second, I would hit my opponent like normal.
But the difference is, when clicking really fast, you can hit the player as soon as the 1.5 second damage delay is over, meaning you can hit them before they can hit you, messing up their aim and giving a chance to strafe them or do some other tactic.
My P.O.V only :)

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
I'll explain my point of view on this topic, coming from a soup pvp community.
So, there is a max clicking rate that Minecraft accepts, but clicking fast does increase your PvP.
If I were to click, say 3 times a second, I would hit my opponent like normal.
But the difference is, when clicking really fast, you can hit the player as soon as the 1.5 second damage delay is over, meaning you can hit them before they can hit you, messing up their aim and giving a chance to strafe them or do some other tactic.
My P.O.V only :)
1.5 second delay? It's not that long is it?

thoboss117

Tribute
Reaction score
well more hardcore pvp communities say yes, because although there is a delay clicking fast helps you hit again after the delay to keep comboing them, and fast attacks is actually why forcefield is so strong, but MCSg servers arent quallity enough for a couple clicks a second make any difference

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
well more hardcore pvp communities say yes, because although there is a delay clicking fast helps you hit again after the delay to keep comboing them, and fast attacks is actually why forcefield is so strong, but MCSg servers arent quallity enough for a couple clicks a second make any difference
Ummm... what do you mean by hardcore pvp community? MCSG is one of the largest PVP-orientated servers around.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I haven't actually investigated this to the extent I would like to, but, based off of what I know already, I do believe there is a specific timing one should follow to ensure optimal hit contact.

Bjorn5678

Tribute
Reaction score
This might seem extremely confusing to explain by text, I think a video would explain it better but I'm gonna do it anyways. I've always been hearing that Minecraft PVP sucks because whoever clicks faster wins and all you have to do is spam the mouse as fast as you can. I don't find that necessarily true, but I could be wrong. When I spam click the left mouse button as fast as I can(which is pretty fast), my swinging pattern goes "Swing Swing Pause Swing Pause Swing Swing Swing Pause etc...) and swings at irregular intervals. That's because the sword takes a certain time from the start of your swing to the end of it. And that small time in the the between, you aren't able to swing until it comes back to the original position. So clicking fast means you are clicking in between that interval and your next click after that click in between the interval might not be in sync with when the sword actually comes back, so it will be delayed sometimes, but sometimes it could be exactly in sync creating an irregular swinging pattern. Again, kind of hard to explain what I mean. But I found that if I click at a at a speed of about 3.5 to 4 clicks per second the sword swing back and forth the fastest. And that also doesn't even count for the fact that every time you hit someone, they get into the red state so you if you want to hit someone the fastest you have to hit them immediately after they get out of the red state simultaneously. Spam clicking is going to make it really hard to get both your sword swinging and them getting out of the red state exactly in time. I've practiced timing my clicks at a medium pace before instead of spam clicking, and I hit them significantly faster. I'm probably analyzing Minecraft waaayyyy too much xD but I have nothing better to do with my life so that's besides the point lol. But with that being said, is it better to spam click or to perfectly get your hits in sync(which is clicking at a medium and steady speed)?
There's a limit how many hits that can be landed per tick, so no. At a point which most people can achieve, faster clicking will NOT make u damage the opponent faster. Althought, hacks can be used to hit faster.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
NoCheat Plus also plays a small role in the ability to land hits in MCGamer PVP (especially KitPVP, but MCSG still gets this from time to time as well). Without NoCheat, you really could click like a Blamph - that is to say "very fast" - and, with the right amount of strafing, be able to pull off massive sword combos. With NCP involved, this introduces yet another factor in how many hits you are either allowed to get on somebody or how many hits actually register as legitimate.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
It actually doesn't help me at all. My internet only registers around a third of my hits, so clicking slowly doesn't make me any worse.

When I have better internet in Texas, clicking fast will definitely be useful. That's why I'm getting used to it now.

illumina1337

Diamond
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic, and I'm surprised how debatable this is.

Hmm, I'll see if I can find anything on the Wiki

EDIT: Okay so I've come to the conclusion that yes clicking fast does matter, but to a certain extent. There is a delay on how fast you can hit someone but that doesn't mean clicking fast doesn't help. The faster you click the more likely it is to hit your opponent before he hits you. BUT thats also not the case. No cheat plus reduces the clicks because it may think you have auto-click or something. So clicking fast may always not be the best case. Clicking fast shouldn't matter too much and there's always other solution to PvP better. I'm sure there might be more to this but this is all I have now.

Last edited:

Ryochi

Spectator
Reaction score
You have no idea, what you're talking about do you, Minecraft doesnt just register a few clicks per second, when i go to pvp, i am registering 8-13 Clicks per second, There also stuff called jitter clicking, All that stuff you said about intervals, that actually not true, if there was intervals, between them, hacked clients would have the same issue and not be able to hit as fast, Now i can jitter and can get a lot more cps then 8-13, there lots of people on my server who can hit over 10 CPS maybe 15 or 19 if lucky, either that or hacks, There aint no intervals between hits especially with using a axe to pvp with, but i never had any cps issues with a sword and that interval stuff

Ceraron

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not how many hits you click..That's not the point. It's the timing between clicks. That's why clicking fast helps. As soon as you move your mouse a little bit next hit is prepared and hits are more constant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci