• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Does clicking faster really make you better at PVP?

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Very arguable, lol. Being high ranked doesn't necessary mean you know everything about the game. That takes experience.
I would've figured that having 2700+ wins and roughly 4+ weeks (672+ hours) of in-game time would be enough experience.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would've figured that having 2700+ wins and roughly 4+ weeks (672+ hours) of in-game time would be enough experience.
True, but I think darkai was more trying to say that everyone still learns, no one knows everything. I still learn stuff about the forums sometimes.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I never said he didn't, I merely said being highly ranked doesn't mean you know everything, or are considered to be god.

Sayf

Experienced
Reaction score
This might seem extremely confusing to explain by text, I think a video would explain it better but I'm gonna do it anyways. I've always been hearing that Minecraft PVP sucks because whoever clicks faster wins and all you have to do is spam the mouse as fast as you can. I don't find that necessarily true, but I could be wrong. When I spam click the left mouse button as fast as I can(which is pretty fast), my swinging pattern goes "Swing Swing Pause Swing Pause Swing Swing Swing Pause etc...) and swings at irregular intervals. That's because the sword takes a certain time from the start of your swing to the end of it. And that small time in the the between, you aren't able to swing until it comes back to the original position. So clicking fast means you are clicking in between that interval and your next click after that click in between the interval might not be in sync with when the sword actually comes back, so it will be delayed sometimes, but sometimes it could be exactly in sync creating an irregular swinging pattern. Again, kind of hard to explain what I mean. But I found that if I click at a at a speed of about 3.5 to 4 clicks per second the sword swing back and forth the fastest. And that also doesn't even count for the fact that every time you hit someone, they get into the red state so you if you want to hit someone the fastest you have to hit them immediately after they get out of the red state simultaneously. Spam clicking is going to make it really hard to get both your sword swinging and them getting out of the red state exactly in time. I've practiced timing my clicks at a medium pace before instead of spam clicking, and I hit them significantly faster. I'm probably analyzing Minecraft waaayyyy too much xD but I have nothing better to do with my life so that's besides the point lol. But with that being said, is it better to spam click or to perfectly get your hits in sync(which is clicking at a medium and steady speed)?
No, those people are completley wrong.

Clicking does not make you better in anyway and it's also not who clicks faster that wins. Minecraft PvP is actually filled with different stratigies you could use to defeat your enemy. Clicking faster doesn't make you better at PvP. :p

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well maybe but can u beat him in a 1v1
One of the biggest -scams- in these forums is that PvP Skill =/= Number of Wins, but it's still true. For instance, people could just play for an insane amount of time, banking in more wins then people who go on PvP Kit servers. If you look at the leaderboards, these people have almost 5 weeks of gametime. That's about 840 hours, and MCSG has only been online for 1.5 years.

Don't get me wrong, PvP has a huge contributing factor to your leaderboard rank, but there are people who are better than the top 10. Otherwise, they would never lose.

Isaacswag

Career
Reaction score
One of the biggest circlejerks in these forums is that PvP Skill =/= Number of Wins, but it's still true. For instance, people could just play for an insane amount of time, banking in more wins then people who go on PvP Kit servers. If you look at the leaderboards, these people have almost 5 weeks of gametime. That's about 840 hours, and MCSG has only been online for 1.5 years.

Don't get me wrong, PvP has a huge contributing factor to your leaderboard rank, but there are people who are better than the top 10. Otherwise, they would never lose.
Ya true

Isaacswag

Career
Reaction score
Yes, because I totally care about fighting some American player where every odd is unfair (depending on where the 'fight' was hosted). -.-
Ok? Umm I don't think this thread was for arguing soo let's stop. :)

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
*looks at huge posts by people*
Yes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci