• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you believe in god?

Do you?

• yes

Votes: 113 55.7%
  • no

Votes: 98 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravey4rd

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I believe in evolution and science. I don't think there is someone or some kind of force that decided to create us and this world. Then ofcourse you can always discuss what caused big bang. There are many theories and some make more sense than others. The latest theory is pretty interesting. According to that theory our universe is not the only one and every black hole is a rift to another universe. Basically whenever a new black hole is made/appears, a new universe is born. All matter that new black hole "eats" will cause the new universe to expand. This all might sound ridiculous but its just 1 out of hundreds of theories:p However what makes this theory interesting is that it answers the most confusing question. How did big bang happen if there was nothing to start it? Answer: The matter came from another universe. Then this just causes more confusion yet again because... at the end of the chain... what created the first universe then? xD

Fact: Our universe is still expanding, in fact, its expanding faster than ever before.

I'm not saying that god doesn't exist because tbh i have no idea. I just think there are more logical explanations to why we and this world exists.

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
Let the flame wars begin... May the flame be ever in your favour..

I should work on my puns..

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But imagine a world with no religion that will be a peaceful time no war no fight no power all simple and no this is my country because of my religion just imagine a world with no religion and war!
While you are right to some extent lack of religion would not be a cure all for peace. Look at all the religions in the USA for example, the country isnt at civil war because of its different religions. Now some religions of the world sour religions name by needing to war. The issues isnt religion, it's people not minding their own buisness. Along with greed, power, ect. ect. of course. Im just saying its kind of silly to claim that ridding the world of religion would make world peace. What does that have to do with many other problems of the world like communism even. (woot go freedom).

Religion has actually brought many people together and helped many people. Some faiths were some of the first to respond to victims of hurricane katrina, helping and saving lives long before the government did anything usefull.

Not feeding flame war here, Im just saying it's silly to say religion is the root of all evil in the world.

And my answer to the thread:
Yes.

Why? It feels right and makes sense to me. Even if there isn't one, I feel my religions nature/morals is a good way to live anyway.

Reaction score
No, but some of the rules that Buddhists live by are rather good, so I kind of use Buddhism as a philosophy but Catholicism as my faith.
Ah ok I don't think that came across very well on your first post, sorry for missunderstanding I thought you were just saying that buddhism wasn't a religion.

Jjppoohhnn

Career
Reaction score
While you are right to some extent lack of religion would not be a cure all for peace. Look at all the religions in the USA for example, the country isnt at civil war because of its different religions. Now some religions of the world sour religions name by needing to war. The issues isnt religion, it's people not minding their own buisness. Along with greed, power, ect. ect. of course. Im just saying its kind of silly to claim that ridding the world of religion would make world peace. What does that have to do with many other problems of the world like communism even. (woot go freedom).

Religion has actually brought many people together and helped many people. Some faiths were some of the first to respond to victims of hurricane katrina, helping and saving lives long before the government did anything usefull.

Not feeding flame war here, Im just saying it's silly to say religion is the root of all evil in the world.

Yes.

Why? It feels right and makes sense to me. Even if there isn't one, I feel my religions nature/morals is a good way to live anyway.

Ye

Yes.

I totally agree with you but have a small thaught what the world would be like without no religion itself just imagine no greed no hunger no cast no nothing just peace and not power just peace there will be no more children dieting in Syria because of religion no people would have died in WW2 be ukase if religion no one would have attacked Iraq becuase of religion and power and the twin towers no one would have done that becuase of religion it's all because if religion saying that I don't believe in your Belief and you don't believe in mine so it's basically going to start a war? Am I right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci