• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Devs?

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
If there is Sunlight, Moonlight then.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Even I have a crappy HP and it didnt kill my framerate..
It all really depended on where you were when the volcano detonated. If you had the chunks it was in loaded at all, you'd likely begin experiencing massive lag due to the mass amount of chunk updates and lighting updates, as well as sound if you're closer.
Either way, we got enough reports and first-hand experience ourselves that it had to be removed.

Cant u just make 1 block high lava.
The lava was one block high, but even with only one block high, that's still a mass amount of blocks to cause sound lag (because of Minecraft's sound engine) and a large amount of chunk updates. The point was to give people a chance to live by making it flow down like an actual volcano, not to instantly murder everyone in the segment by filling it with lava.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
It all really depended on where you were when the volcano detonated. If you had the chunks it was in loaded at all, you'd likely begin experiencing massive lag due to the mass amount of chunk updates and lighting updates, as well as sound if you're closer.
Either way, we got enough reports and first-hand experience ourselves that it had to be removed.

The lava was one block high, but even with only one block high, that's still a mass amount of blocks to cause sound lag (because of Minecraft's sound engine) and a large amount of chunk updates. The point was to give people a chance to live by making it flow down like an actual volcano, not to instantly murder everyone in the segment by filling it with lava.
I know it wont be readded, but.

Isnt it possible to make that certain section be so that you can make the lava flow if you place one at the top? That way it gives the players time... Just sayin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci