• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Designating chests (tiers, locations)

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
When making a map, do you just put a chest where you would want it to be? Or is there a way of deciding tiers? This may be covered in a sticky post, but I haven't found it.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, you can put the chests every where you want them to be. when you're map get's chosen then you and MCSG place the items to the corresponding chests. ;)

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Well, you can put the chests every where you want them to be. when you're map get's chosen then you and MCSG place the items to the corresponding chests. ;)
So there isn't a specific way to choose tier 1's and tier 2's before it's picked?

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Actually no, you are incorrect. ChocolateNannerz1 Once your map is all the way complete, you send in the map, if it gets accepted, the tiers are chosen by you and Moderators, and all they have to do us type a command "//tier 1 or //tier 2" or something similar to that command.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Actually no, you are incorrect. ChocolateNannerz1 Once your map is all the way complete, you send in the map, if it gets accepted, the tiers are chosen by you and Moderators, and all they have to do us type a command "//tier 1 or //tier 2" or something similar to that command.
Thanks for being helpful. I didn't think the other comment was correct.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Actually no, you are incorrect. ChocolateNannerz1 the tiers are chosen by you and Moderators
Nope, only a small group of the staff choose the tier of the chests, and not the map maker at all. While it's sort of problematic as in they might not find some of the really difficult-to-reach chests or the really well hidden ones, it's better so that it can remain secret from the map makers and not cause problems i.e map makers being blackmailed for a full list of tier 2 locations in their maps.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Nope, only a small group of the staff choose the tier of the chests, and not the map maker at all. While it's sort of problematic as in they might not find some of the really difficult-to-reach chests or the really well hidden ones, it's better so that it can remain secret from the map makers and not cause problems i.e map makers being blackmailed for a full list of tier 2 locations in their maps.
Oh. Okay!

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Alright, so I've seen a lot of posts in Map Downloads and Discussions where people seem to think they make their own tiers. I think there needs to be information about this in a sticky or something. ShaunDepro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci