• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Critique/ Advice towards MCGamer and its updates.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, so why post it on the public fourms o_O ?? E-mail it to them, if you want it to be directed to them.

I personally don't care that you think MCGamer is doing poorly. I also don't think new members or old members need to read this. It's just a match to start a flame against the staff. You should email the Admins this post and delete the thread to be honest.
To be fair, I did not think of this and you probably do have a point. When I get back on my computer I might do this. Thank you.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to say, some points are indeed valid but don't tell most of the story. I feel I should repost Ava quote from yesterday:

Development is very unpredictable. It's not like being able to wake up in the morning and (mostly) know what your day will consist of - every day in development brings something different. You never know if something will work as anticipated, have some minor issues, or completely implode the universe.
Our new stats system hasn't yet been tested in a full-scale environment. Keep in mind that about the most players ever on our preview network was about 100 players, while we can reach 5,000+ on our live network. You're basically asking us to deploy something to an environment 50x the scale of the test environment, without even testing how it reacts.
Yes we haven't had the best history with 100% successful launches, yet our team kicks it into high gear. Hang tight, fixes are coming.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I am going to say, some points are indeed valid but don't tell most of the story. I feel I should repost Ava quote from yesterday:

Yes we haven't had the best history with 100% successful launches, yet our team kicks it into high gear. Hang tight, fixes are coming.
I will be the first to say I have no idea about development. Thats why in this post I did not mention about the bugs because nothing will ever be perfect. As you said I am sure everything will be perfect in a day or two. Basically the reasoning behind this post was to maybe give you some ideas for future releases.

R

roguehh

I don't think Sean is overly critical of the staff. There is a difference between constructive criticism and just pointing out someones mistakes. Sean voiced the former. And I applaud him for doing that in this well reasoned way.

Though, I do agree this could have been done less publicly or at least at a later moment. Just because the best moment for reflection is usually when a project is done. I don't think the staff will have time to give serious thought to the arguments presented in this thread while they're busy trying to get everything working perfectly.

ColdsGFX

Experienced
Reaction score
Sean did a nice job voicing his opinion. This wasn't overly critical from what I have read.
A lot of these suggestions sound reasonable and helpful.

JasonDeBaxter

Platinum
Reaction score
It's easy to get frustrated with these things and Sean gave a really balanced and well thought out view here! Well done, I totally agree and MCGamer can look forward to working on these key points. The staff do work relatively hard, but there is always room for improvement and I think they should be encouraged to try their absolute best.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I was going to make a thread like this Sean with ideas similar to yours. My biggest issue is that they did not have a fully functional Beta network before they went live on the main network. There were spec bugs, teleportation issues, and other glitches that were never fixed before the updated it. They just promised it would all be fixed. Next time, lets have a 100% working beta network before we go live, ok devs?

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
I tried playing the v2 beta, but it's a us server and I got 'banned' everytime I hit someone, so I left within 10 minutes

TheCakeMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Not trying to be mean or anything, but the devs get paid.. lol. So, we have every right to be critical XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci