• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Computer Help

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
Go on kid, go with the build you suggested. Enjoy your $1000 space heater for a year or two until it needs completely replacing.
or you know, maybe just go with my build because i like the way its set up more?

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
"Set up"? Honestly wtf are you talking about?

You clearly know nothing about PC parts, then ignore the advice given to you.
dude are you always like salty or

take a hint, go away. i didn't make this build, reddit people did and i made changes to the gfx card and the psu. i think you like to start problems just like you started one with MoLoToV , go away buddy

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
dude are you always like salty or some sh!t

take a hint, go away. i didn't make this build, reddit people did and i made changes to the gfx card and the psu. i think you like to start problems just like you started one with MoLoToV , go away buddy
Link me the reddit post, most of the builds I've seen on /r/buildapc and /r/buildapcforme are actually logical.

I didn't start any problems with that user; if you actually read the posts you'd see that he started it by telling me I was wrong.

Stick with the build you chose; I assume most people with AMD builds are of subpar intelligence anyway so it only makes sense you go with them.

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
Link me the reddit post, most of the builds I've seen on /r/buildapc and /r/buildapcforme are actually logical.

I didn't start any problems with that user; if you actually read the posts you'd see that he started it by telling me I was wrong.

Stick with the build you chose; I assume most people with AMD builds are of subpar intelligence anyway so it only makes sense you go with them.
posted something on a buildapc subforum. the links aren't updated so the build is even worse

so you can stop whining, im editing your build and using it

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
dude are you always like salty or some sh!t

Just for the record, it was bothways from our little discussions and he provided valid information on his opinion.

Nonetheless, can we just keep this cool and not insult eachother?

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PvmvBm

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't bother with a cooler. The 6500 is a locked chip and can't be overclocked. Unless you care that much about aesthetics an aftermarket cooler is pointless.
i do care about aesthetics, which cooler should i get then if its just for looks?

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

my friend said get that one because he has it and its good, should i listen to him?
Alright, I'm going to try and explain to you one more time why you don't wanna go with AMD.

So, the CPU you chose is an 8-core 4.0 GHz, the one I linked is a 4-core 3.2GHz. Surely the one you chose is faster right?

No. Architecture plays a huge part in CPU performance; Intel CPUs are much more efficient and can perform more tasks per cycle than AMD chips.

Here's how the CPU you chose compares to a Pentium in gaming performance:

Bear in mind this is comparing a top-end $150 AMD CPU to a $60 low-end Intel CPU. The Intel CPU matches or stays ahead in most games, except the few which utilize multiple CPU cores, where the dual-core Pentium falls down a little.

Here's a similar Intel CPU to the one I chose compared to the AMD you chose:

The Intel pulls ahead in almost all games, except for some that again utilize multiple cores (4 vs 8), where they're similarly matched.

If you really want an 8-core CPU for some reason, get this, which has 8 threads for improved multitasking. You'll need a different motherboard for this CPU though.

Another reason why you shouldn't go with AMD is because that's one of their best performing CPUs, you won't be able to upgrade it and will have to almost completely build a new PC when you realise you need a new processor. Desktop performance with Intel CPUs is also significantly faster.

If you search on a hardware forum for comparisons between AMD and Intel everyone will tell you the same thing. Such as this, this, this and this.

In short, you'll regret it later if you go with AMD. For budget, non gaming-oriented builds, AMD is fine; not for a $1000 gaming PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci