• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community/Staff Interaction (The Community Games!)

Community Games hype?!

• YES!

• *snores*

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueStyledGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
A lot of the times threads that get locked are bashing the staff (against the rules, as General Rule #1 states) or they have their question answered. As for the "ignored ideas", a lot of the ideas are just recycled ideas that other people have had (this thread is a fine example). How many times have you seen a thread asking for a trash talking filter or a sponsor message? I know it seems like a lot of ideas are ignored but just because a public answer wasn't given on the thread by staff members doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed within the staff.
I dont want to get into massive things again with staff. But its not like ideas are being recycled cause its a small issue. Anyhow, even if "recycled ideas" were discussed in the staff, i never heard a story about why these ideas are being denied. Maybe is this happens it will be pleasing. And as i said my recents posts, the complaining last weeks is for a reason

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I believe that most of the complaints that are, coming from the MCSG players is the 1.8 , i know this update came to MCSG a while ago but a lot of people wish the old pvp back. Some players computers can't even handle 1.8 , so they decide to start complaining about it. Also sometimes it's unfair to others that,they get great ping to MCSG + the reach that is still going on and they get amazing hits.
There is most definitely room for improvement and there always will be. 1.8 has started off shaky on these servers and hasn't gotten much support from players, but 1.7 was the same way. People having advantages because of ping will more than likely always be a problem. I don't see an easy fix and a compensation for people with a higher ping doesn't really work out, as Call of Duty has shown.

Westlake40

Career
Reaction score
There is most definitely room for improvement and there always will be. 1.8 has started off shaky on these servers and hasn't gotten much support from players, but 1.7 was the same way. People having advantages because of ping will more than likely always be a problem. I don't see an easy fix and a compensation for people with a higher ping doesn't really work out, as Call of Duty has shown.
This might be a very stupid question, just wondering.. Is there a way to downgrade the server, (go back to 1.7)

Eden

District 13
Reaction score
So glad to be bringing this event back with some great staff members. I always remember participating in the old community games and am now glad to be bringing it back! If anyone has any questions or concerns about the event feel free to contact me or any of the other people in charge of the event. :)

I dont want to get into massive things again with staff. But its not like ideas are being recycled cause its a small issue. Anyhow, even if "recycled ideas" were discussed in the staff, i never heard a story about why these ideas are being denied. Maybe is this happens it will be pleasing. And as i said my recents posts, the complaining last weeks is for a reason
The staff team is always open to suggestions, and if we find one that we think will benefit the servers, we do pay attention. The ideas that we don't pay attention to are ones that have been continuously brought up and declined countless times. We are always open to suggestions on how we can improve our networks, so if you or anyone else feels like something should be added, don't be afraid to tell us. :)

BlueStyledGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
Thing is, the community doesnt like the path wich MCSG, MCG, MCgamer is going now. And as been said staff and community need to work together. What MCgamer has been doing the phast couple of months the community had no say. Long story short: staff needs to stop making (deccisions or however you spell it) on there own, and get feedback from the community, i know you cant please everyone, but as a community we asked for a view clear things wich are in my perspective reasonable

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
This might be a very stupid question, just wondering.. Is there a way to downgrade the server, (go back to 1.7)
There is a way for the developers to go back to 1.7 but they won't do it. Sooner or later all the servers are going to have to update to 1.8 so they might as well get used to it sooner, rather than later.

Thing is, the community doesnt like the path wich MCSG, MCG, MCgamer is going now. And as been said staff and community need to work together. What MCgamer has been doing the phast couple of months the community had no say. Long story short: staff needs to stop making (deccisions or however you spell it) on there own, and get feedback from the community, i know you cant please everyone, but as a community we asked for a view clear things wich are in my perspective reasonable
It would be a huge help if you could include some examples of what the community views as going down the wrong path. I could try to bring it up to the other staff members, but we can't really do anything without specific examples.

BlueStyledGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
There is a way for the developers to go back to 1.7 but they won't do it. Sooner or later all the servers are going to have to update to 1.8 so they might as well get used to it sooner, rather than later.
This has been the argument since MCG updated to 1.8

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're talking about the 1.8 update however believe it or not, the 1.8 update was pushed in order to follow the needs of the community. Remember the promised leaderboard update? We pushed out a poll asking what the community wanted. We were asked by so many people to do a "stats reset" for everyone so we pushed out this update to upgrade our leaderboard. In order for this to be done, we had to stabilize our network on one version.

Speaking of community consent, we are currently holding a discussion regarding trash talking, I suggest you check it out :)

BlueStyledGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're talking about the 1.8 update however believe it or not, the 1.8 update was pushed in order to follow the needs of the community. Remember the promised leaderboard update? We pushed out a poll asking what the community wanted. We were asked by so many people to do a "stats reset" for everyone so we pushed out this update to upgrade our leaderboard. In order for this to be done, we had to stabilize our network on one version.

Speaking of community consent, we are currently holding a discussion regarding trash talking, I suggest you check it out :)
I did see that, so did i read it
Like this? 1.8 was needed to get a lb update wich i still coming around 0,5 year later then promised and 1,5-2 months after the 1.8 update. And that the 1.8 update had nothing to do with the thing that everyone had to update at some point. Cause thats the only thing i heard since then. Aswell i doubt people would rather have a global lb update then playing on 1.8

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I did see that, so did i read it
Like this? 1.8 was needed to get a lb update wich i still coming around 0,5 year later then promised and 1,5-2 months after the 1.8 update. And that the 1.8 update had nothing to do with the thing that everyone had to update at some point. Cause thats the only thing i heard since then. Aswell i doubt people would rather have a global lb update then playing on 1.8
Well I don't see what the huge huge issue is. People don't turn red when you hit them, and you can't block hit. The lag issues will be fixed once optifine comes out with a 1.8.3 version. Bang, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci