• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

evil_gnome123

Career
Reaction score
i really like the idea but maybe for only 25-50 servers and THERE NEEDS TO BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT WHEN U JOIN THAT SERVER SAYING IT IS FFA ONLY, if u couldn't tell im emphasizing on this. because it will other wise turn into another perm-ban deleting evidence thing that everyone gets mad at

Last edited:
E

Ephiza

People that like this idea- Mostly people that play competitively
People that don't like this idea-Mods that would have to do more work, or people that don't tryhard for wins anymore

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
I heard other ideas go as far as making everyone's skin to Steve + masking their usernames for an extreme example.
That sounds alot like another server (hint, the owner got banned for using BSM) where they have everyone the same skin and you can't tell who is who.

I love the overall idea, will be easier to win games (I think) but one question:

In theory, wouldn't people teaming on these servers get banned?

DpENTERTAINMENT

Diamond
Reaction score
I would love some FFA MCSG servers. I come across teams every game and it s annoying. FFA would be very helpful.

evil_gnome123

Career
Reaction score
That sounds alot like another server (hint, the owner got banned for using BSM) where they have everyone the same skin and you can't tell who is who.

I love the overall idea, will be easier to win games (I think) but one question:

In theory, wouldn't people teaming on these servers get banned?
probably yes so thats why i said it there needs to be a message like when u join the server in 1.8 saying that u will get banned for teaming other wise it would just be a big problem like w/ deleting evidence

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Seems like a decent idea, but would be difficult to try to handle. Imagine you are new to MCGamer, and you hop on a server with your friend to have some fun. All of a sudden, you're kicked for teaming in an FFA server, which is something a large majority of servers allow. (Not to mention the great leap in mods you'd need to moderate this).On the 100+ servers FFA only, non-donors usually look for those servers to get in, especially if they're looking to team, considering how much easier it is to get two people in on higher servers. This may be nice, but I'm not entirely sure.
I would think there would be some warning when people join the server- such as "This is a non-team server"

Or something along the lines of that.

TeeArrr

Quantum
Reaction score
I personally think that is is a bad idea because it would just create more work for staff.
I play on AU and we dont have a large amount of servers to support this idea.
It will be hard for teams to win on the servers.
MCSG clan battles will make it hard for them to fight will a large amount of teams interfering.

This is just my opinion

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
If mods will be dedicated to watching who teams and who does not, who is going to look out for teh hackers ;-;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci