• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cloudy With a Chance of Survival

Would this map be a welcome addition to the MCSG?

• Yeah! Let's DO THIS.

Votes: 269 80.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 66 19.7%

• Total voters

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Yet we have Breeze Island, a sunny pleasant island. Holiday Resort, a nice vacation getaway. I mean come on, MCSG's regular sg (not including Quarter Quell) is far from an accurate representation of the books. It is anything but serious. If I want a serious, epic Hunger Games feel, I play SGClassic or Quarter Quell. I play MCSG for fun, and to me this map looks very much so. You complain about water, yet SG3, Holiday Resort, Breeze Island, Rugged Lands, Fortress Pyke, Origins, Fortune Island, and Teweran SG2 all have an abundance of water.

Also, I've used WorldEdit, and the smooth tool very often hinders rather then helps. Also, the size of the meatballs is not very big with about a 5-8 block raidius. Meatballs are generally spherical and symmetrical in shape. And what is wrong with handmade? Survival Kingdom was pretty much entirely handmade as far as I know and that map is beautiful.
I personally downloaded the map and there is a ton of varied terrain.
Most of the structures have a lot of detail in them, and the houses that don't are supposed to be simple. Most houses are not very complicated anyway, and a lot of building in minecraft have details that would look silly in real life. But besides that, the look they are going for is cartoony and silly, much like the theme and the movie is.
I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree.
You forget that all of the maps you mentioned actually are serious and look good. With "serious" I mean that they don't look goofy. This map is what I consider goofy, as it is based of a kids- movie and has a very irritating color palette for the eyes, pink, yellow, you name it. None of the maps you mentioned, including Breeze Island, look goofy. They all look good and have a great amount of detail around every corner of the map. Even though most of them have a rather big amount of water. I never said that SG was supposed to be 110% identical to THG, did I? Therefor I'm sure you understand why I don't see Breeze as a map not worthy of its place on our servers.

You tell me that this map looks fun to play, AND has different kind of terrains in it... sure. But does it look good, would it fit among all of the accepted maps? You can have a map look like a mess (not saying that this one does) and yet be fun to play, sure, I get that. But would you really want to have maps that doesn't fit in amongst serious (= non goofy) maps with great amounts of details and good looking terraforming on our servers?

What makes MCGamer's SG stand out from all other SG- servers is that its maps are so good looking, yet fun to play on. If you want to play on a server where you can kill your opponents in giant christmas trees and in goofy bouncy- castles, go ahead, search it up on Google and I can guarantee that you will find such servers all over the web, but MCGamer is not one of these servers, at least not yet.

Not trying to start a flame war based on different opinions here, but I hate not being able to express my opinion fully.

By the way, I never said tere was ANYTHING wrong with handmade maps, but there is something wrong with worldedited, flying food that looks handmade, though it is "meant to be symmetrical".

Reactions: Ali

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
You forget that all of the maps you mentioned actually are serious and look good. With "serious" I mean that they don't look goofy. This map is what I consider goofy, as it is based of a kids- movie and has a very irritating color palette for the eyes, pink, yellow, you name it. None of the maps you mentioned, including Breeze Island, look goofy. They all look good and have a great amount of detail around every corner of the map. Even though most of them have a rather big amount of water. I never said that SG was supposed to be 110% identical to THG, did I? Therefor I'm sure you understand why I don't see Breeze as a map not worthy of its place on our servers.

You tell me that this map looks fun to play, AND has different kind of terrains in it... sure. But does it look good, would it fit among all of the accepted maps? You can have a map look like a mess (not saying that this one does) and yet be fun to play, sure, I get that. But would you really want to have maps that doesn't fit in amongst serious (= non goofy) maps with great amounts of details and good looking terraforming on our servers?

What makes MCGamer's SG stand out from all other SG- servers is that its maps are so good looking, yet fun to play on. If you want to play on a server where you can kill your opponents in giant christmas trees and in goofy bouncy- castles, go ahead, search it up on Google and I can guarantee that you will find such servers all over the web, but MCGamer is not one of these servers, at least not yet.

Not trying to start a flame war based on different opinions here, but I hate not being able to express my opinion fully.

By the way, I never said tere was ANYTHING wrong with handmade maps, but there is something wrong with worldedited, flying food that looks handmade, though it is "meant to be symmetrical".
I see where you are coming from, but personally I think it would be nice to have a lighter, more silly map for once. I'm not saying there should be a lot of these types, that would be annoying. But I wouldn't mind one or two of these. You say the map would be very different and wouldn't fit in, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I'd like something different that has a very unique style to it.
I understand your views and can see why you dislike it, so I'm going to end this before it gets out of hand. I just wanted to point out why I personally wouldn't mind it. Like with almost every map on the MCGamer servers, there will be people who simply don't like the map. I dislike SG5, though I can see why others like it.

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
He means he is in the same situation as you.
King built an epic map, but it hasn't been accepted because he did it all by hand (I think) and he posted it when he has a new member.
Also he isn't buddies with the map committee.
Thanks for the explanation Mlpoknzaba :D It is hard to make your map known when you are alone. I never even played 1 SG game so i dont have friends here. It is very frustrating that you dont know what they think of your map. you cannot make your map better without any feedback.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation Mlpoknzaba :D It is hard to make your map known when you are alone. I never even played 1 SG game so i dont have friends here. It is very frustrating that you dont know what they think of your map. you cannot make your map better without any feedback.
You also can't make your map better if you've never played a SG game. I recommend doing so.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Watching MCSG games helps.
Ask Guinessis if you don't believe me, he has played something like 4 games and has built an epic MCSG map.

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
You also can't make your map better if you've never played a SG game. I recommend doing so.
I played a lot of games in the 29 years i live so i know what is fun and what not. I also learned a lot from the forums and have seen alot of movies. It is not hard to discover what ppl want to see. But i will play a game one day :D

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
I played a lot of games in the 29 years i live so i know what is fun and what not. I also learned a lot from the forums and have seen alot of movies. It is not hard to discover what ppl want to see. But i will play a game one day :D
I don't get why you're here if you don't play lol

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Watching MCSG games helps.
Ask Guinessis if you don't believe me, he has played something like 4 games and has built an epic MCSG map.
Thank ya! I'd love to play more often, but I have piss-poor internet speeds at home, a cheap USB mouse that works 70% of the time, and I rarely have 15 minutes of uninterrupted time to myself these days. So I spectate far more games than I play for the foreseeable future.

Anyways, pertinent to the actual thread: I like the map and the builders, always have. But when it comes down to it, if the admins and map committee want to keep things a bit more grounded and realistic, you may have to look elsewhere :( .

Twister__99

Tribute
Reaction score
Who wants to go play a game of SG with me? I haven't actually played in a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci