• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cloudy With a Chance of Survival

Would this map be a welcome addition to the MCSG?

• Yeah! Let's DO THIS.

Votes: 269 80.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 66 19.7%

• Total voters

Hazzy16

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I used to say no, but all these bad maps are being added that no one likes, I'm sick of playing Valleyside and SG4 all the time now. ADD THIS MAP.
I agree, they need to make more original maps with new terrain, I can't wait to see what people do with the new blocks that Mojang are going to add in the next update xD How about a map like SG1? Little buildings but still fun to play and has a mix of different terrain

Twister__99

Tribute
Reaction score
20+ Pages of posts, over 200+ likes... why is this map not added yet? Every time TE or RF come out with a map almost instantly added. Quite a few maps added recently are not nearly as good as this map! (Boombeard's, Vida Coda, Treacherous Heights and others)
Stop making us wait!
I know we've been waiting so long to be accepted, but it's just the fact that those mapmakers are so popular and get lots of publicity, so they'll get accepted really quickly. This is only our first map, so it's taking quite a while to be discovered. I have no doubt that we will be accepted, I just have no idea how long it will take...

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
I know we've been waiting so long to be accepted, but it's just the fact that those mapmakers are so popular and get lots of publicity, so they'll get accepted really quickly. This is only our first map, so it's taking quite a while to be discovered. I have no doubt that we will be accepted, I just have no idea how long it will take...
Well, do any mods know about this map?
If not, I can give some this link :p

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
I know the problem :/

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, but I don't think this map would fit on the MCSG/MCGamer Survivsl Games, at least not yet. I will tell you why:
  • It doesn't feel like a serious map. It may look fun and goofy, but come on... this is the Survival Games. Tributes fight to the death and there can only be one winner, one survivor. Fighting to the death in a candy land or in a sea of donuts, that would not fit with the dark and dangerous atmosphere the Hunger Games and The Survival Games has.
  • The world editing is very poorly done. You can see that there has been almost no smoothing at all on the flying meatballs, or on the majority of the other worldedited objects either. They almost look like they were handmade and symmetrical. If this would have been done in a very good way, then my first point could have been ignored.
  • The PvP would not be very fun at all on this map. Big, flat surfaces of nothingness can be seen in the pictures, as well
  • as a large amount of water with almost no objects to climb up on.
  • Structures are as simple looking as they can get. The houses, e.g, have no interesting exterior at all to be seen, and the color palettes used for them are not very creative either.
If you want this map to be accepted, you have to improve alot of things. I am sorry to say this but I don't think this map as any chance to get accepted based on the way it looks at the moment. Mostly because it is based of a kids- movie, where it's raining meatballs. You can find "candyland- themed" PvP maps on almost any PvP server, it is in fact an overused and unserious theme for Survival Games maps.

This is my own opinion and is not biased in any way, if you feel offended by it, then that's sad, but it's my opinion on the map, not on the builders. I wrote this on my tablet, apologies for all eventual spelling errors
No map- maker can be 100% certain that his/her map will be accepted, don't expect the staff to add your map before they have actually said so. I know A LOT of maps that look ten times as great as many of the current maps, they were discovered but yet not added.

NEVER expect your maps to be added before the staff has told you so.

Last edited:

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, but I don't think this map would fit on the MCSG/MCGamer Survivsl Games, at least not yet. I will tell you why:
  • It doesn't feel like a serious map. It may look fun and goofy, but come on... this is the Survival Games. Tributes fight to the death and there can only be one winner, one survivor. Fighting to the death in a candy land or in a sea of donuts, that would not fit with the dark and dangerous atmosphere the Hunger Games and The Survival Games has.
  • The world editing is very poorly done. You can see that there has been almost no smoothing at all on the flying meatballs, or on the majority of the other worldedited objects either. They almost look like they were handmade and symmetrical. If this would have been done in a very good way, then my first point could have been ignored.
  • The PvP would not be very fun at all on this map. Big, flat surfaces of nothingness can be seen in the pictures, as well as a large amount of water with almost no objects to climb up on.
  • Structures are as simple looking as they can get. The houses, e.g, have no interesting exterior at all to be seen, and the color palettes used for them are not very creative either.
If you want this map to be accepted, you have to improve alot of things. I am sorry to say this but I don't think this map as any chance to get accepted based on the way it looks at the moment. Mostly because it is based of a kids- movie, where it's raining meatballs. You can find "candyland- themed" PvP maps on almost any PvP server, it is in fact an overused and unserious theme for Survival Games maps.

This is my own opinion and is not biased in any way, if you feel offended by it, then that's sad, but it's my opinion on the map, not on the builders. I wrote this on my tablet, apologies for all eventual spelling errors.
Yet we have Breeze Island, a sunny pleasant island. Holiday Resort, a nice vacation getaway. I mean come on, MCSG's regular sg (not including Quarter Quell) is far from an accurate representation of the books. It is anything but serious. If I want a serious, epic Hunger Games feel, I play SGClassic or Quarter Quell. I play MCSG for fun, and to me this map looks very much so. You complain about water, yet SG3, Holiday Resort, Breeze Island, Rugged Lands, Fortress Pyke, Origins, Fortune Island, and Teweran SG2 all have an abundance of water.

Also, I've used WorldEdit, and the smooth tool very often hinders rather then helps. Also, the size of the meatballs is not very big with about a 5-8 block raidius. Meatballs are generally spherical and symmetrical in shape. And what is wrong with handmade? Survival Kingdom was pretty much entirely handmade as far as I know and that map is beautiful.
I personally downloaded the map and there is a ton of varied terrain.
Most of the structures have a lot of detail in them, and the houses that don't are supposed to be simple. Most houses are not very complicated anyway, and a lot of building in minecraft have details that would look silly in real life. But besides that, the look they are going for is cartoony and silly, much like the theme and the movie is.
I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci