• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Clan Wars [Season: Three] | Final Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTut

Diamond
Reaction score
HUGE UPDATE

Just over a month ago, Corey and I set off to create event like no other in the Clan community in combination with MCG staff and servers, however, today I bring forth news neither good or bad, it justs to depends on the way you view it. Today, I am sad to announce that the Clan Wars Organization has decided to switch to the Traditonal style of Clan Wars. Obviously this means we are dropping the MCG staff and hence will not host Clan Wars on the MCG SG servers. The timing for this New different type of Clan Wars isn't exactly perfect with the very fast approaching finals and Holiday season. With this arrangement of Clan Wars, we would half to break up the division Battles over the Holiday break waiting nearly over a month just for the tournament it start, what most people do not realize is Clan Wars takes up nearly my entire weekend and the rest of the dedicated staff. Basically there has been lack of communication among both parties, so we have decided to split up.

- Roluxe has been added to Staff.
- ScrewYouGumby2 has been added to Staff.
- Trauma has been added as a participant.
- Haunted has been added as a participant.
- Clan Wars will be switched to the traditional style to Tournament.
- Clan Wars will be held on a Private server.
- Bracket can be found here http://challonge.com/mcsgcw3
- Map will be released on Monday.
- The Event should be scheduled to begin next weekend.
- MCG Supervisor rank has been removed.
- Col_StaR has been removed from Staff.
- CAmadeusA has been removed from Staff.
- The results for the poll are in, Clan Wars will be changed from "Season Zero" to "Season 3", our goal in changing the name is to break the curse of Season 3 CWs.
- Battles will be first to Three.

If you any questions please do ask either the staff or I will answer.

Also when I set out to make Clan Wars Organization the purpose was to make a group of people to continue Clan Wars without me. This is a great group of staff to work with, I love how we are able to come together as a group to discuss and make decisions. I am proud to be their leader.

Thanks for 1 year of Clan Wars,

Ryan

I own u,

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
HUGE UPDATE

Just over a month ago, Corey and I set off to create event like no other in the Clan community in combination with MCG staff and servers, however, today I bring forth news neither good or bad, it justs to depends on the way you view it. Today, I am sad to announce that the Clan Wars Organization has decided to switch to the Traditonal style of Clan Wars. Obviously this means we are dropping the MCG staff and hence will not host Clan Wars on the MCG SG servers. The timing for this New different type of Clan Wars isn't exactly perfect with the very fast approaching finals and Holiday season. With this arrangement of Clan Wars, we would half to break up the division Battles over the Holiday break waiting nearly over a month just for the tournament it start, what most people do not realize is Clan Wars takes up nearly my entire weekend and the rest of the dedicated staff. Basically there has been lack of communication among both parties, so we have decided to split up.
On behalf of the Administration and the growing Clan-Moderation staff, we too were excited at the prospect of helping host a grand clan wars event such as Season Zero. We had big plans too: private server hosting, a video series hosted on the Youtube site, and the first time clans and staff would work together on an event as large as this. However, I wanted to apologize for not being able to follow through with what we had once hoped to accomplish, but life always gets in the way.

Unfortunately, bad timing and resulting poor communication really hindered our efforts for properly communicating and coordinating an event of this size. As all staff members know, the biggest issues, newest drama, and biggest responsibilities always hit when it's least convenient; it's the Murphy's Law of time management. The Admins in particular always have pressing matters on our hands, and as such we must devote our time and attention to those. As an unfortunate result, we were not able to assist more with Season Zero.

However, even if we are not involved in this event, we still see great potential in what it can be, especially with as much ambition as you folks have. Maybe in the future, when we are better able to plan and coordinate properly, the staff and the clans can team up once again. But for now, I wish you folks the best of luck and the greatest games.

KingTut

Diamond
Reaction score
On behalf of the Administration and the growing Clan-Moderation staff, we too were excited at the prospect of helping host a grand clan wars event such as Season Zero. We had big plans too: private server hosting, a video series hosted on the Youtube site, and the first time clans and staff would work together on an event as large as this. However, I wanted to apologize for not being able to follow through with what we had once hoped to accomplish, but life always gets in the way.

Unfortunately, bad timing and resulting poor communication really hindered our efforts for properly communicating and coordinating an event of this size. As all staff members know, the biggest issues, newest drama, and biggest responsibilities always hit when it's least convenient; it's the Murphy's Law of time management. The Admins in particular always have pressing matters on our hands, and as such we must devote our time and attention to those. As an unfortunate result, we were not able to assist more with Season Zero.

However, even if we are not involved in this event, we still see great potential in what it can be, especially with as much ambition as you folks have. Maybe in the future, when we are better able to plan and coordinate properly, the staff and the clans can team up once again. But for now, I wish you folks the best of luck and the greatest games.
Thanks, and yeah maybe next season Col, You never know ;)

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
Alert to all clan members: You can play for one clan and one clan only during the tournament.

Nick30Brodeur

Diamond
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think you guys should have released the map sometime this weekend instead of Monday; because the time it takes to learn routes could be too much for some people during the weekdays (school, etc.), and would probably just be overall a more convinent thing for clans, because most members can get on during the weekends and could have a big chest route learning session then

Roluxe

Platinum
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think you guys should have released the map sometime this weekend instead of Monday; because the time it takes to learn routes could be too much for some people during the weekdays (school, etc.), and would probably just be overall a more convinent thing for clans, because most members can get on during the weekends and could have a big chest route learning session then
I just brought up the topic with the rest of the staff, I'll see if we can change the map release date in your favor. We'll keep you posted.

KingTut

Diamond
Reaction score
As you guys know, we are now hosting clan wars on a private server. And the map for the first round will be
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/forestside.120811/ Credit for the map goes to Novaaa and his crew of builders.
The download link is on it so if you want to you can put it on a server and practice routes.
Just letting you guys know now so you can practice throughout this week.

Tech is on vacation right now if you guys didn't know, so any questions or concerns just PM me on the forums and I will get back to you as quick as I can.

Also, Banned players are allowed to play in Clan Wars, Now remember this gives you no right to ban avoid on the MCGamer Network. This is just saying that you are allowed to play on our private server on your banned account. If you are still affiliated with the clan whether that being on different servers and such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci