• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Can we stop...

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with this apart from the trash talking thing. The huahwi situation is ridiculous and he's not coming back, the hacker threads are inevitable but annoying.

However on trash talking the sr. Staff are being incredibly stubborn, using very strange arguments. Considering there are that many threads on it, it is clearly a problem and just because the sr. Staff want to keep it the way it is (and, looking at recent beautiful pictures of turbulence, abuse others themselves) doesn't mean it's not a problem. Until it's addressed I don't see why the discussion should stop.
^this^
100% agree

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
2. administration are dumb
;~: I crai evertim.
However on trash talking the sr. Staff are being incredibly stubborn, using very strange arguments. Considering there are that many threads on it, it is clearly a problem and just because the sr. Staff want to keep it the way it is (and, looking at recent beautiful pictures of turbulence, abuse others themselves) doesn't mean it's not a problem. Until it's addressed I don't see why the discussion should stop.
Our main take on this is a confusing one, I will admit. However, this is a decision that has gone through Chad, so if that's what he believes is best for the community overall, then I am willing to support him on it.
The TL;DR of the situation is that there are numerous levels of severity when it comes to trash talking vs. abuse. It's been discussed with the entirety of the Sr. Staff, and we feel that things like EZ, Tyrannosaurus Rekt, don't necessarily get over that barrier into abusive content. While mildly annoying, it's not something quite severe enough to ban for.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was referring to how dave said that trash talk would never be punishable under any circumstances, nothing personal =|
Our main take on this is a confusing one, I will admit. However, this is a decision that has gone through Chad, so if that's what he believes is best for the community overall, then I am willing to support him on it.
The TL;DR of the situation is that there are numerous levels of severity when it comes to trash talking vs. abuse. It's been discussed with the entirety of the Sr. Staff, and we feel that things like EZ, Tyrannosaurus Rekt, don't necessarily get over that barrier into abusive content. While mildly annoying, it's not something quite severe enough to ban for.
I agree that trash talk should never warrant an automatic ban, but the 'threshold' for what counts as abuse should be shifted towards being more strict imo. It would make the servers an all-around nicer place to be rather than having to put up with taunts every time you die.

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
But Huahwi is PvP god!????++1!

Anyway, I do agree with you. Alot

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
  • Making threads about Huawi or what ever his names disappearance. He has gone and most likely will not come back.
  • Making threads about "trash talking". Yes it's annoying but the administration have already stated that a rule will not be implemented.
  • Complaining about hackers. Yes the are the scum of MCSG, but complaining about them on a forum is not going to stop them. The staff do everything they can. Also you can help by reporting them instead of making a post complaining about them.
These 3 thread topics are just flooding the forums lately, pointless with no room for discussion now please stop!
There are some grammar errors in your thread :p

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score

Staff is suposed to be an example of good behaviour, this using language like this and insulting regular players isn't exactly being a good example.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Staff is suposed to be an example of good behaviour, this using language like this and insulting regular players isn't exactly being a good example.
Yee, this. Whether it's bannable or not, staff saying stuff like this is unacceptable...

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
...I didn't really feel like I was being insulting by saying that. I was just trying to provide the the verdict that the Sr. Staff came to. I'm sorry if you feel like I phrased it poorly.

Edit:
It just occurred to me that you're probably referring to when staff say "ez, gg" etc. I guess it's something that we trust our staff not to abuse, as it can easily branch into something more serious. It's not something that I've ever felt the need to say, but I don't have a very aggressive mentality towards playing. I feel that it's just the nature of the game. I don't feel insulted when I get poked at by people who kill me. And trust me, I die a lot XD

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
  • Making threads about Huawi or what ever his names disappearance. He has gone and most likely will not come back
Finally somebody said it! I'm getting extremely tired of Huahwi threads as they're just annoying nowadays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci