• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Block Hitting 101

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Blockhitting should be taken if you want to avoid knockback and combos. And in a tight situation and cornered, block hitting would be a defense way if you are down hearts or if a more stacked person is your enemy.

Blockhitting randomly in a sword fight is occasionally useful to avoid knockback and offense from the other player. Blockhitting could go in higher frequencies the lower your health is.

patrickfalcon

Platinum
Reaction score
Blocking hitting has learned to be hated in the community, I do block hit it helps me in battles a lot. Just because block hitting is unpopular and hated upon doesnt mean its not useful

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback and opinion! I do agree that you can't just block hit, and perhaps I didn't specify that enough in my thread, but block hitting is very useful in many instances. I believe you should block hit when you combo the other person into the air. Once they are in the air, block hitting should be used to add that extra combo. After doing testing in Single Player, blockhitting registers the hit as twice. One block hit= two hits. That is another reason it can be so effective.

Perhaps I haven't been here as long as you, but I recall many people block hitting. In fact, most of the top players did block hit such as ThatOneTomahawk. Tomahawk was #2 in MCSG that was a frequent block hitter, and also a big youtuber. I believe that Tomahawk was an influence that made lots of people block hit. Remember, I was only in this community September 2013, so I can be wrong about the block hitters. Have a good day!
I'm no top player but I have been winning 40% of my games recently and blockhitting isn't as effective as you would think as I have fought many good players trying blockhitting and then strafing and you have to mix it just right or it wont be as effective as you think

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci