• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iShowny

Survivor
Reaction score
Thought it was BSM stood for Better Singing Mod all thanks to the open mic night.
I'm having trouble contacting you personally. I am on TeamSpeak if you would like to speak about the issue.

Metalmate9

Diamond
Reaction score
Just saying: I tried BSM on 1.6 and sprinting on 1.7
Even if you look at the sprinting they are not the same!
I use BSM to parkour on some servers but seriously saying if you are holding down w and your toggle in bsm then you let go of the toggle, you start walking.
When you are in 1.7. If you start sprinting with holding w and your toggle and when you let go of your toggle you still SPRINT full out.
You need to let go of both keys and then press only w to walk.
If anyone can reply to this with reasons to why 1.7 sprinting is good.
My reasons are there now you tell me yours.
If you are only using the sprinting part then why i it unfair.
In 1.7 you can start and stop sprinting while swimming, to me that is the only advantage to 1.7

Themooshroomman

Tribute
Reaction score
I think better sprint mod is harmless unless u go really fast with it but rewally its just fixing sprinting i think

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think better sprint mod is harmless unless u go really fast with it but rewally its just fixing sprinting i think
its not fixing sprint before 1.7 given there was nothing broken thats how it was ment to be #cantfixwhatsnotbroke

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
There was/is nothing wrong with sprint. Theoretically, everyone should be on the same level with the sprint feature, especially in the past with double tapping. The thing is, when people choose to play a PC game, they need to understand that everyone will be on varying levels of PC and internet performances. Honestly, I still find myself double tapping, and I'm doing fine in PvP.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
There was/is nothing wrong with sprint. Theoretically, everyone should be on the same level with the sprint feature, especially in the past with double tapping. The thing is, when people choose to play a PC game, they need to understand that everyone will be on varying levels of PC and internet performances. Honestly, I still find myself double tapping, and I'm doing fine in PvP.
Ikr? I've heard countless people complaining that they are dying so much more often/can never win because they have to double tap and other don't. I've won plenty of games still.. if anything its more of a challenge xD.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ikr? I've heard countless people complaining that they are dying so much more often/can never win because they have to double tap and other don't. I've won plenty of games still.. if anything its more of a challenge xD.
Exactly. I suck because I've hardly played recently, but if I can still win, so can everyone else.

silvah777

Survivor
Reaction score
For all you people without your auto-sprint in the survival games, some of us are entirely without a plugin to play.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You see, I've recently become one of those mods that's busy with everything within MCSG and stuff in real life that they can't manage to play very many games.... most of the time I'll play maybe like 1-2 games a week at most. But, when I finally decide to go on an MCSG spree, if I get a 60% w/l ratio in the spree, and I'm intentionally using 1.6.4 to make it more challenging; I'm going to have a tough time believing you when you tell me that 1.7 sprint is so overpowered and you consistently die because of it. Sure I may have the only lasting ability at this point when it comes to MCSG, and that's knowledge of the game, but still... I haven't played on 3 different days of the week in nearly 4 months.... so come on guys, I get that you may die to people with 1.7 sprint/bsm... but there's really no need to exaggerate the situation.

Edit: Sorry if it's awkward to read, I'm in a serious rush and didn't have time to proof read.

Last edited:

Frozenarmy

Tribute
Reaction score
You can hold down your sprint in 1.7, you don't have to let go, so when you hit a wall, you will continue to sprint.
But like I said 1.7 is actually "Better" than BSM because you won't stop until you let go of both keys.
While in BSM, if you let go of one then you start walking which is not good as sprinting.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But like I said 1.7 is actually "Better" than BSM because you won't stop until you let go of both keys.
While in BSM, if you let go of one then you start walking which is not good as sprinting.
He's right. BSM is becoming obsolete with 1.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci