• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AWESOME IDEA? or am i totally stupid.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I've actually wanted to have Coaching events or PvP Lectures on our network. That was one of the ideas I wanted to get running when I first arrived as a Community Manager. The way I think of it, the more invested our players are in their own skills, the more likely they are to play with us.

Only issues I ran into were logistic concerns, but they were big ones. How can you practice PvP repeatedly if standard games of SG don't offer respawns? Battlegrounds is the closest we could get, but that does not offer a true MCSG PvP experience.

TBH, I'd whole heartedly support any educational events for improving player PvP so long as a few things happen:
  • It happens on MCGamer servers. It's safer, more consistent, and more available to host on a large public network as opposed to some dude's private network.
  • No one charges money for the lessons (Every now and then, someone offers to 'tutor' players on PvP for money, and it never ends well once the money is transferred)
  • The lessons also include a unit that encourages good sportsmanship over trash talk.

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
Sounds awesome tbh. It would be great for the general public, I've actually always tried out new things with new versions of minecraft and see how they work against others, it could really help clans in their battles so I support this. :)

Voxcile

Survivor
Reaction score
I've actually wanted to have Coaching events or PvP Lectures on our network. That was one of the ideas I wanted to get running when I first arrived as a Community Manager. The way I think of it, the more invested our players are in their own skills, the more likely they are to play with us.

Only issues I ran into were logistic concerns, but they were big ones. How can you practice PvP repeatedly if standard games of SG don't offer respawns? Battlegrounds is the closest we could get, but that does not offer a true MCSG PvP experience.

TBH, I'd whole heartedly support any educational events for improving player PvP so long as a few things happen:
  • It happens on MCGamer servers. It's safer, more consistent, and more available to host on a large public network as opposed to some dude's private network.
  • No one charges money for the lessons (Every now and then, someone offers to 'tutor' players on PvP for money, and it never ends well once the money is transferred)
  • The lessons also include a unit that encourages good sportsmanship over trash talk.
:eek: mama i made it

My idea was simply teaching clans. I have always been a member of the clan community but I have nothing to offer pvp wise anymore. Hence the reason I wanted to just teach my knowledge on how to win within the clan community.

Im not sure how regular solo play can be coached. Its very much learning your own way and figuring out what works for you as a player. Thats my feelings however. Ask any of the good solo players (like I once was) I learned how to play the game on my own. The rest comes with time and practice.

Being a coach for clans seems more viable in my mind. I just don't see how tutoring players could really take off as a great idea. Any suggestions you or anyone has Id like to hear.

Last edited:

OGLad_

Career
Reaction score
sounds cool but good clans already know what they need to know.

Fusionnuggets

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey I'm willing to try it, I wouldn't call us randies but we do need improvement.

I own Curse by the way so if your up for it come hang it out with us c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci