• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Art Tips

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
If I may disagree. I may be defending them because I use gradients but deal with it.

FinsGraphics used gradients for a very long time and in his tutorial he suggests to use gradients. Gradients only look bad when you can really notice them. They are not bad if you're doing 2 colours very similar to each other to create a light source between the lighter and the darker. They look bad when its something like purple to cyan, yes.
Haha you don't exactly have to listen to everything FinsGraphics' says, as it might not apply to you. I really didn't like his art for the longest time because his gradients were so visible. But once he learned to properly "shade"?, it looked much nicer. Gradients, to me, just make the piece look unnatural, as that's not how light sources/shadows actually work in real life :p

And even if you do use gradients, people usually do them the wrong way, and end up putting the light source where it shouldn't be, which is very unnerving.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Haha you don't exactly have to listen to everything FinsGraphics' says, as it might not apply to you. I really didn't like his art for the longest time because his gradients were so visible. But once he learned to properly "shade"?, it looked much nicer. Gradients, to me, just make the piece look unnatural, as that's not how light sources/shadows actually work in real life :p

And even if you do use gradients, people usually do them the wrong way, and end up putting the light source where it shouldn't be, which is very unnerving.
I never said I did exactly what finsgraphics says. He used gradients for a long time and is now an accomplished artist. This is gonna become a flame war because I can think up so many arguments to counter yours, but I dont wanna start a flame war. Lets just end the conversation.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I never said I did exactly what finsgraphics says. He used gradients for a long time and is now an accomplished artist. This is gonna become a flame war because I can think up so many arguments to counter yours, but I dont wanna start a flame war. Lets just end the conversation.
Sure thing.
(Not everybody likes FinsGraphics)

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the gradients thing. I've personally never used gradients in my art, but I wouldn't say that they're "cheaty" or that you shouldn't use them.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the gradients thing. I've personally never used gradients in my art, but I wouldn't say that they're "cheaty" or that you shouldn't use them.
Well it's just personal opinions, you don't necessarily have to agree. I'd just rather see shading than gradients...they just look weird.

T

TenguTime

A friend of mine told me this and I've found it useful, when drawing mammals etc. try thinking of the anatomy when drawing, sounds ridiculous but it helps a lot.
✝ℯη❡ü

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I honestly feel that a good tip is not to draw something if you really don't want to. It probably won't be good, or at least it won't be great.

ColdsGFX

Experienced
Reaction score
I do art but...

Render tip:
Change the size in the render to 1920x1080. This will make the render higher quality. It will also make it larger, but it can easily be scaled down.

thesurvivalmon

Spectator
Reaction score
That is so awesome. I always wondered how to people do speedpaints. Hmm maybe i should try that tho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci