• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Art Tips

ValiantMC

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice :D I found these really helpful! Hopefully I can draw some avatars and banners for me and friends now :p

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If something doesn't look right, try erasing it completely and starting over. Fixing certain lines and working around it will seem like a good idea early on, but the end result won't be as satisfying. Never force yourself to finish something you don't like.

Reaction score
Do a detailed sketch before you do any final lines. That way you can plan out what you want on your page, where to put shadows, and so you can see how your idea will come out when you start lineart.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
10/10 legit 420 sweg gg 10 hart eZ tip
Mhm ;)
In all seriousness, there isn't really much I can say. One pet peeve of mine when it comes to art is when people's lines are rough and it just ruins the whole piece :(

Qwackey

Platinum
Reaction score
Try getting out of your comfort zone and always be looking to try new things. Also make sure the colours you use work well together as that can completely change the beauty of the artwork.

All the tips are great but I use none. I "yolo".

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Shading is hard to master, but it makes everything look boss. EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING!

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Shading is hard to master, but it makes everything look boss. EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING!
Not when you don't know how to do it right.

And another art tip; don't use gradients. They're just flat out cheaty and give your art the impression that you actually put time into it but you just put a gradient that takes five seconds. Anything is better than gradients.
And also clean up lines that are peeking out and generally make it look clean.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Not when you don't know how to do it right.
Thats why I put "shading is hard to master"

And another art tip; don't use gradients. They're just flat out cheaty and give your art the impression that you actually put time into it but you just put a gradient that takes five seconds. Anything is better than gradients.
If I may disagree. I may be defending them because I use gradients but deal with it.

FinsGraphics used gradients for a very long time and in his tutorial he suggests to use gradients. Gradients only look bad when you can really notice them. They are not bad if you're doing 2 colours very similar to each other to create a light source between the lighter and the darker. They look bad when its something like purple to cyan, yes.

And also clean up lines that are peeking out and generally make it look clean.
This I agree with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci