• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anyone else wonder this?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just to clarify, Before you comment please actually read the post

At no point do I say "MCGamer is dead" it's just a statement asking if we could've done things differently
If we had done things differently, things would be... different :kappa:

jk but once I have more time I'd love to share some input

Smeagol

Spectator
Reaction score
Fire all the staff excluding devs and admins, with some senior staff.

Make kissing up to staff punishable by ban.

Hire some more devs that could help code another godly anti-cheat

Remove the maps that were added from like 5 months ago till now. let's be frank, no one really likes them compared to Valleyside, TSG2, Icarus, Moonbase (original) etc.

Get rid of all the "revamped" versions of maps.

But before ALL that, focus on fixing ALL the bugs.
They did actually do full purges of senior staff and admins years ago. Wasn't pretty, and didn't really do anything helpful.

Upward

Platinum
Reaction score
You have to remember, the reason we don't have "7000 players on" everyday is because almost all of the community is in school.

This time of the year is rough for almost every server. A lot of Minecraft players are younger which means their parents are constantly on them about school, grades, sports, etc... I know coming from a pretty strict house hold, that school comes before video games (which it should). A lot of parents do not let their children even play video game on the weekdays, and are only allowed to play on the weekends.

You have to remember, that school should always come first, and that most of the community is at school for 7 hours a day, and thats not including any sports or extra curricular activities. I hope this made sense (i'm not the best at explaining myself)

Reaction score
A lot of Minecraft players are younger which means their parents are constantly on them about school
Oh well, at least no 10 year old clan leader stayed home pretending to be sick for days just so he could play MCSG.
At least that hasn't happened. :kappa:

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
They did actually do full purges of senior staff and admins years ago. Wasn't pretty, and didn't really do anything helpful.
Right because the mcsg staff are so helpful now..?

You have to remember, the reason we don't have "7000 players on" everyday is because almost all of the community is in school.

This time of the year is rough for almost every server. A lot of Minecraft players are younger which means their parents are constantly on them about school, grades, sports, etc... I know coming from a pretty strict house hold, that school comes before video games (which it should). A lot of parents do not let their children even play video game on the weekdays, and are only allowed to play on the weekends.

You have to remember, that school should always come first, and that most of the community is at school for 7 hours a day, and thats not including any sports or extra curricular activities. I hope this made sense (i'm not the best at explaining myself)
Badlion is growing even more than ever lol

Please don't try to use school as an excuse as to why your server is dying. Last year it was around 3k on weekdays during the school year as well. Now it is barely 700-1k

Last edited by a moderator:

bad2020

Experienced
Reaction score
Right because the mcsg staff are so helpful now..?
The staff here on MCGamer are one of the best staff teams. I have worked for many servers and none of them were as close and efficient as MCGamer's. If you think you could be more helpful you could always apply. Last as a reminder please do not multi-post as you have within this thread.

"2. Do not multipost: Posting more than one post in a row is not allowed since it makes it take longer for others to view posts below yours."

As for the thread question, would things be different, yes. Things would be different, because with any decision, choice, or just progression of time the outcome of the future is changed drastically. About having a larger player base this would obviously have a large affect on the server. We would have a larger community with even more hackers and more work to be done to maintain and moderate MCGamer. However I cannot say that MCGamer has made any bad decisions, because we have not.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
The staff here on MCGamer are one of the best staff teams. I have worked for many servers and none of them were as close and efficient as MCGamer's. If you think you could be more helpful you could always apply. Last as a reminder please do not multi-post as you have within this thread.

"2. Do not multipost: Posting more than one post in a row is not allowed since it makes it take longer for others to view posts below yours."

As for the thread question, would things be different, yes. Things would be different, because with any decision, choice, or just progression of time the outcome of the future is changed drastically. About having a larger player base this would obviously have a large affect on the server. We would have a larger community with even more hackers and more work to be done to maintain and moderate MCGamer. However I cannot say that MCGamer has made any bad decisions, because we have not.
kohi and badlion have much better staff teams.. (you know, your 2 biggest competition servers?)

for one thing, they don't treat the playerbase like 8 year olds with little kiddie gloves. the kohi staff are actually playing the game and not sitting in the hub all day

the badlion staff mute for things other than spamming the chat, and are a lot more connected with the community outside the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci