• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anticheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MexicanTaco

Spectator
Reaction score
The fact that you said 'Even if I was hacking I paid $100 so it shoudn't be permanent' what rubbish are you talking lol you basically said you hacked but cause you bought donor it shouldn't be permanent?? Come on dude grow up
BlazingThunderHd you need to get off the devs and mods dicks like you don't understand what being falsely banned feels like... Not being able play your favorite server SUCKS... Besides that thanks col_star for letting people know;)

ajmoney99

Diamond
Reaction score
The anti-cheat is honestly horrible because I was in a game with one of my friends who dropped to a 2 bar and he was perma banned when he tried opening a chest and you say it is 100% correct yet i'm fighting hackers with everything and my friend posted a video of a guy with speed kill aura and stuff but he didn't get banned he won the game and you have mods for a reason why do you rely on an anti-cheat. If that's the case what's the point of having mods?

Intensagod

Platinum
Reaction score
All of the posts aside (whether they're beneficial to this discussion or merely looking to bash other people), Chad, a Developer, and myself were discussing the matter in depth recently. I have a few updates for everyone:
  • We agreed that while a majority of the XAC bans are legitimate (with some hacks being 100% guaranteed), we admit that there are certain aspects of the system that could result in false positives in a set of rare instances.
    • It would appear that lag and luck are the complicating factors at play here. Making matters worse is the terrible way Minecraft handles server connectivity and client integrity.
  • On Tuesday, a push was made to address lag compensation for the affected XAC systems. That should help with more accurate reporting.
  • Also on Tuesday, a modification was made to the XAC auto-ban system to make it more, "forgiving" in light of the potential false positive bans. We will be returning XAC to its previous strictness once we've accounted for all the edge-cases, and generally made it more accurate.
    • This was done as a direct result of player outcry like this, so I don't want to hear any more of, "MCGamer doesn't caaaaare!"
  • We are currently researching the extent of punishments that were done with the potentially-troublesome system. We will use this information to estimate the general likelihood that bans done with that system were false-positives.
A developer should be posting further clarifications and updates on this matter later.

Unbans are definitely on the table to be discussed. But based on what I've read in this thread, I feel compelled to issue this warning: if you can't behave yourselves, you'll be find your Hacking ban being replaced with an Abuse/Disrespect/Mass Demonstration ban instead. That's not worth it, so please behave yourselves.

We're willing to work with you folks to make this all better, but that's not going to happen if the standard mode of behavior here is insults and claims of how much things suck. Work with us, not against us, and we'll work through this together.
Ty except how will we deal with the one's that are falsely banned?
i have hope of being unbanned now!! thanks the lords plz
Same

Diacor

Survivor
Reaction score
honestly this anti cheat is aids.

Badlion has had a few false bans? yes.

However, those people purposely made themselves look like hackers (Gloryblade, Stimpy, Oculism), so there you go.

MCSG's anti cheat, afaik no one purposely head twitched and stuff to make it look like they where hacking.

I generally will hit like a pot pvp'er would, getting a good combo and getting a good strafe+aiming towards the chest/head+circling them.

Which is why I won't be playing till they fix this crap. I have diamond donor, and getting perm banned falsely would be complete bull.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Ty except how will we deal with the one's that are falsely banned?
We are currently exploring our options on how to best approach the issue. We have a list of everyone affected by the XAC auto-ban system.

On the one hand, we don't want to unban players who may be legitimately banned, whom we believe make up a majority of the bans done. But on the other hand, we don't want to keep any innocent people banned. Given the nature of the matter, we have to be very careful with our decision. We'll be sure to get out decision out ASAP.

We'll post an announcement once we have made our decision.

crits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We are currently exploring our options on how to best approach the issue. We have a list of everyone affected by the XAC auto-ban system.

On the one hand, we don't want to unban players who may be legitimately banned, whom we believe make up a majority of the bans done. But on the other hand, we don't want to keep any innocent people banned. Given the nature of the matter, we have to be very careful with our decision. We'll be sure to get out decision out ASAP.

We'll post an announcement once we have made our decision.
plz unban col :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci