• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anti-Cheat & How Inaccurate It Is

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Also, if you haven't noticed, neither of the statements make grammatically correct statements whatsoever. Just enforces my statement above describing moderators as being no better than normal members of the community.
Not really sure what you are trying to say with this. Moderators are no better as regular members from the community. We all were once members of the community too. I was on the community side of the community vs. staff argument not 2 weeks ago. However, now that my name is red, people act differently about my opinions, despite the fact that they haven't changed a bit. People assuming that moderators believe themselves to be better than regular players is just not true. Maybe there are some, but I have yet to run into them.

As for your comment about their grammar, I can't really defend Mythical, but TheLichDB is not from an English speaking country. It's his second language, and he speaks it almost perfectly, without a translator. If he makes a small mistake while writing something on the forums, it shouldn't be used against him to tear down his belief or argument.

As I posted before earlier on this thread, the anti-cheat has made about 890 bans in the last 24 hours while being 99% effective with those bans. So out of 890 bans, 880-881 were correct bans. One other complaint that people make about the servers a lot is that "there are too many hackers". Those of you who want to remove the anti-cheat, imagine 880 hackers a day going back into the system, now with only moderators to try and catch them. If we had only 7 day bans, those 880 hackers a day (6,160 hackers for the week) would be put back onto the MCGamer network. The staff team already proved that people who hack once are more than likely to hack again. That's why they dropped the first offense 7 day and then just moved straight to first offense being a permanent ban.

While the anti-cheat isn't perfect, the success rate it has is enough for it to stay. For those of you who were unfairly banned, I know it must suck. However, the Senior Staff works tirelessly to help you guys.

Last edited:

Kronsity

Platinum
Reaction score
Not really sure what you are trying to say with this. Moderators are no better as regular members from the community. We all were once members of the community too. I was on the community side of the community vs. staff argument not 2 weeks ago. However, now that my name is red, people act differently about my opinions, despite the fact that they haven't changed a bit. People assuming that moderators believe themselves to be better than regular players is just not true. Maybe there are some, but I have yet to run into them.

As for your comment about their grammar, I can't really defend Mythical, but TheLichDB is not from an English speaking country. It's his second language, and he speaks it almost perfectly, without a translator. If he makes a small mistake while writing something on the forums, it shouldn't be used against him to tear down his belief or argument.

As I posted before earlier on this thread, the anti-cheat has made about 890 bans in the last 24 hours while being 99% effective with those bans. So out of 890 bans, 880-881 were correct bans. One other complaint that people make about the servers a lot is that "there are too many hackers". Those of you who want to remove the anti-cheat, imagine 880 hackers a day going back into the system, now with only moderators to try and catch them. If we had only 7 day bans, those 880 hackers a day (6,160 hackers for the week) would be put back onto the MCGamer network. The staff team already proved that people who hack once are more than likely to hack again. That's why they dropped the first offense 7 day and then just moved straight to first offense being a permanent ban.

While the anti-cheat isn't perfect, the success rate it has is enough for it to stay. For those of you who were unfairly banned, I know it must suck. However, the Senior Staff works tirelessly to help you guys.
Also, it was about how the handled the situation, there grammar was fine. They both said that the Anti-Cheat was never wrong. Both of them told the players that were banned that they were definitely hacking, which they have no proof of.

Lucio123

Spectator
Reaction score
The anti cheat no working well 100%, so would not have to make a permanent ban at first, but should ban or kick away for a week or something like that, I was unfairly banned also in mi acount "DeMyLoker_YT" in a very similar manner this guy, I just do not unfortunately was recording, and when I do my dispute ban, the mods I say the anti cheat is 100% accurate, and here we are realizing that obviously is not.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Well, the week ban sounds good, but what happens when you have around 500-1000 bans a day? How would you check to see if they're hacking before they return to the servers in 1 week?

Don't get me wrong, I think that the false positive people should be spared, but in all of those, and all of those false positives, how are we going to sift through that?

Anyone got ideas?

FrostySurge

Quantum
Reaction score
I believe that there are too many problems with the new anti-cheat. This is obviously not the first time that people have been banned unfairly and incorrectly. I believe that the staff team should be the answer to hackers, not a system that has proven to be inaccurate. There was zero problems with people being banned before the recent update for the anti-cheat. The people who got banned have literally ZERO chance to get unbanned because the staff team claims it is 100% correct, when it is obviously not. The new anti-cheat should be removed, in my opinion. Once they have perfected a way to distinguish a difference between the hackers and laggers, then absolutely apply it. There are too many bugs with it as of now because it does not accommodate for lag. This is just a suggestion, not an attempt to cause flame.
EDIT: Maybe ask badlion developers for there solution, because it is definitely closer to 100% accurate than the new anti-cheat is. Or maybe even offering to purchase it from them. Just trying to figure out a solution. To fund this purchase, maybe release another batch of Quantum ranks.

Diacor

Survivor
Reaction score
Oculism was banned by moderator action, not anticheat (he was pardoned but then banned for Toxicity). As shown in his video, he was trying to look suspicious.

Gloryblade was banned on his main by anticheat without recording. He recorded a video on his alt in which he was trying to get banned, and then banned by the moderators, not anticheat.

Stimpay was given several hours in a private stream to try and replicate and set off the false positives that banned him; he failed to set off one false positive.

I maintain that anticheat is 100% accurate, but the mods are not.
I personally think that Stimpy was clean, but w/e.

Was not aware of Gloryblade & Oculism's being for staff.

edit: I'm really surprised Satisfying hasn't been banned yet lmao

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I personally think that Stimpy was clean, but w/e.

Was not aware of Gloryblade & Oculism's being for staff.

edit: I'm really surprised Satisfying hasn't been banned yet lmao
He has been detected but they don't ban for all checks. They have about 30 checks and half of them aren't auto banning.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Our anticheat has flaws, that's a bit obvious. We're going to work on fixing that but you have to understand that it is rather simple to be unbanned if you weren't hacking. Unlike Badlion, we acknowledge that nothing is perfect and given sufficient counterevidence you can be unbanned :)

FrostySurge

Quantum
Reaction score
Our anticheat has flaws, that's a bit obvious. We're going to work on fixing that but you have to understand that it is rather simple to be unbanned if you weren't hacking. Unlike Badlion, we acknowledge that nothing is perfect and given sufficient counterevidence you can be unbanned :)
I understand what you are saying; however, many players get banned without being able to prove they weren't hacking. Most players are not casually recording, as Kronsity was. The players that were not recording themselves at the time they were banned have little to no chance at appealing. The senior staff team will just assume that they are trying to lie their way into an unban, when in reality, there is no evidence nor counter evidence for them hacking/not hacking. I'm still in favor of asking Badlion for their anticheat, as it is WAY more accurate than this, and it doesn't start problems and scare community member away from their own server. Just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci