• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Additions to the Abuse Reports

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Tributes,

A moderator JennoKoala and an admin Dave suggested a few added fields for the Report Abuse template. These two fields now request the reporter to put in the Gametype they saw the offender in, as well as the Key Times for any video used as evidence. These added fields should make the job of the moderators who are responding to Abuse Reports quite a bit easier.

The updated Report Abuse template is available below. The added sections are shown in Bold.
Code:
In-game name:
Reason:
Proof:
Key Times on Video [Optional]:
Gametype:
A statement of Key Times on Video will help cut down on the amount of time some Abuse Reports take. Players will often submit a report with a 20 minute long video of evidence and no hints as to times, requiring the moderators to scrub through all 20 minutes to try and find the offense. It's a major drain on time that will hopefully be addressed by player-reported times. Players should put down the time at which the offense occurs in the evidence, and the moderators will be able to quickly scrub to that time to deliver a verdict. This field is entirely optional, as a majority of videos are short enough not to require Key Times.

Gametype reporting is important to know, since it removes any confusion with the evidence given. Players and game mechanics are handled differently between each game type, so knowing which gametype the player was playing on helps us establish what actions are considered legitimate and what is not. This should remove a lot of confusion for the moderators who are unsure which rules apply to which gametype.

In addition, explanations of all fields have been added to the Report Abuse template.

UPDATE 5/6/2014

So at the request of the staff, we've once again made another change to the Report Abuse template.

You can read more about it HERE.

Last edited:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Whenever my video only shows the hacker in different parts, I just tell them where is the guy hacking. I like the new template upgrade since it will make it easier for mods c:

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As I have stated, I am surprised that this has not been suggested before. Nonetheless, I totally agree this will help us as moderators make it more quicker and efficient to deal with these reports. I can only encourage members who perhaps post these lengthy videos to use this template.

Reaction score
I can't record hackers most of the time anyway, but this is still a really good addition.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I like this!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci