• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Account Name Change in 1.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Native

District 13
Reaction score
They have been making changes to the game for nearly two years and don't charge people to update. I don't think that they're really interested in money
They arnt interested to the point where tbey will charge you for everything. But they need to charge to keep everything going and keep the workers paid

523ashley

Career
Reaction score
I really don't want Mojang to do that just because it would be such a big change and no one would know who is who.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That is indeed true. I have this directly from a guy working at mojang. C:
But tbh I don't know if I like it..

Iametal

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Mojang made millions possibly billions from Minecraft alone

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I like it, although I think I'll keep my name.

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
I have heard Mojang is preparing options for name change, and if you have no social life in minecraft, or just hate your name, it is a good idea, but for someone famous, or having lots of friends, it would be unthinkable. They would have to get used to another name, and what if you did it every day? That would be crazy.
(Imagine Gravey4rd changing his name to PrettyPony558 or something xD

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
I really don't want Mojang to do that just because it would be such a big change and no one would know who is who.
This...this is going to be utter chaos -_-'
Both these statements are irrelevant, and here's why:

Steam, the biggest gaming market for PC, gives players the options to change usernames. Do people complain about confusion? Not as much as you'd think.

As for financial issues on Mojang's side, those guys don't have to worry a damn bit about cash. The amount of money they've made off of Minecraft is probably sickening.

O

omridan13

They have been making changes to the game for nearly two years and don't charge people to update. I don't think that they're really interested in money
Ya that us after they sold like 10 mill copies and have money for life

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I was told that Mojang would give one free name change and then you will have to pay a small/medium fee. This is possible because as of 1.7.2, Mojang changed the minecraft account detection name to something called SSIDs and thus you are now a unique number not a name. In multi-player you appear as your name but in fact you are assigned a number that distinguishes you from others. They are planning to implement the one free name change feature in possibly 1.8 but more likely 1.9/2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci