• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Abstract idea here -- Backyard MCSG but you are 1/12 your Height

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Soooo just as the title says, this idea came to me a while ago but I've actually just started putting it together. So far I have the fence up (which was a task itself, being 6" tall scaled up 12x thank the flying spaghetti monster for mcedit/worldedit)

What I'm looking for here are some elaborations or ideas of what would be fun in this map. The map is basically a fenced in backyard and the back of the house (maybe even in the house too, depending on how ambitious I feel)

So my current brainfarts are

Pond -- Will have some koi in it, a waterfall and maybe a frog or turtle sunning.
Doghouse -- With sleeping dog in it.
Kiddy pool -- Probably overflowing with a hose in it, connected to the hose hanger on the house.
A massive tree -- 20" tall x12? Big!
Shed -- Shed. Lawnmower, all that good stuff.
Deck -- Off the back of the house.
Toys -- The idea is it's a 2 bedroom house, 1 floor. The tenants are a couple with a young child. So childrens toys?
Holes -- Ant holes are too small, even at 1/12th scale. So mole/ gopher? Some roots haging inside. :D
Scenery -- Probably able to see neighbors house over the fence. A bird in the tree, stuck kite.
Garden -- Scale flowers and shrubs.

Corn -- Any suggestions?? I'm leaning towards a firepit with a few stumps around it or something.

Give me some feedback! Let me know what could be fun in a backyard.

Oh and question, can I use mcedit to copy an object off of one map, and paste it to another? If so, then I may be willing to take some creations people want added to the map, and throw you in the credits!

I don't want to hear "deck beams should be 2x8" Just saying.
Thanks guys!

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
That sounds super cool. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. You should totally try to build that.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Even if this wasn't a map, it would look very nice as artwork, the structures look very nice :)

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
That sounds super cool. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. You should totally try to build that.
I've never even seen it!! I swear even though that sounds crazy! I'll have to look into it :D

Even if this wasn't a map, it would look very nice as artwork, the structures look very nice :)
Thanks James! Hopefully by tomorrow or the next day I'll have a bit of a demo and a video for it!

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Wow. I can imagine a pond with an island in the middle :D
We'll have to see what the amount of room will allow, but that sounds pretty cool! The yard is about 33 feet long by 33 feet wide and each block is 1 cubic inch!

Here's a pool with a hose and a ball in it. I'm going to make the hose longer though!

Just framing a shed now -- don't mind me.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Wow. I can imagine a pond with an island in the middle :D
Breeze Island?

We'll have to see what the amount of room will allow, but that sounds pretty cool! The yard is about 33 feet long by 33 feet wide and each block is 1 cubic inch!

Here's a pool with a hose and a ball in it. I'm going to make the hose longer though!
[IMAGE]
Just framing a shed now -- don't mind me.
[IMAGE]
The thread looks a bit square to me, I think you should extend it out more in the direction that the steps off the deck are going. Maybe a bit more in both directions, but more in the direction said above :) Also, from the picture of the deck area, it looks like the actual deck is inaccessible which seems a bit odd to me.
Also, you should have some holes in the fence leading into the neighbour's yard, because a map the size of the yard (Not even 400 blocks wide from my calculations) is a bit small. I say have a bit of the neighbour's yard on at least 1 or 2 sides.

The map looks amazing, but like James said I can't tell yet if it would make a good map. Good luck with it :)

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
I really think this map is a good idea! I would love to like be in this gigantic house with a huge backyard in the survival games!

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Breeze Island?

The thread looks a bit square to me, I think you should extend it out more in the direction that the steps off the deck are going. Maybe a bit more in both directions, but more in the direction said above :) Also, from the picture of the deck area, it looks like the actual deck is inaccessible which seems a bit odd to me.
Also, you should have some holes in the fence leading into the neighbour's yard, because a map the size of the yard (Not even 400 blocks wide from my calculations) is a bit small. I say have a bit of the neighbour's yard on at least 1 or 2 sides.

The map looks amazing, but like James said I can't tell yet if it would make a good map. Good luck with it :)
Thanks squirrel, I am realistically 20% short on surface area (or 40000 blocks of surface area as far as the minimum requirements go) I think I might add the interior of the house to make up for it, just because doing another yard would be such a task! But you never know. Like my other map, I might just add and add until I run out of possibility! Thanks for the support!

Oh and I added a hose rack on the house so it looks like its coiled up too! You can get to the deck from there but there will definitely be another couple of ways up to the deck :p

I really think this map is a good idea! I would love to like be in this gigantic house with a huge backyard in the survival games!
I always loved this idea! Have you seen the movie a bugs life? I LOVE THAT MOVIE. This map makes me think of it!

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Mouse holes!

Doesn't really remind me of any movies but it does remind me of rat maps on games such as red faction :)

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
I love it. Id offer my assistance if you'd like with the final product, redstoning and such...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci