• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A much needed way to counter Chest Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoatsCheese

Survivor
Reaction score
Couldn't you hide chests 1 block in the wall and then find some way of monitoring who opens the chest. Only hackers could find the chest. You could also get them doubly banned for block glitching

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeh its a good idea in theory but there will always be away around it. You could always put loads and loads of chests under the grownd to confuse them at least haha.
That would actually work perfectly. By placing random, inaccessible chests, you can throw chest finders right off!

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
In theory, it's not a bad idea.
However, when you think about the practicality of it, it's not too difficult to reconfigure your client/modify the source code to detect the crate's IDs and highlight those instead.

Reaction score
In theory, it's not a bad idea.
However, when you think about the practicality of it, it's not too difficult to reconfigure your client/modify the source code to detect the crate's IDs and highlight those instead.
Not even that, I think you can still see crates in X-Ray mode.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
No matter what you do, hackers will ALWAYS find a way around it.

Vox

Career
Reaction score
Maybe nerf arrows while your at it. :p

Reaction score
I really enjoy staring at a chest. The look, and the smell. In corn, you can tell which chest haven't been opened by the chest animation, the noise makes my feelgoods feelgood, and the general feel of a chest being removed would break my heart forever.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
I like being able to tell when someone is in a chest because te chest is open... Perfect time to bckstab

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I like this idea, but as thousands have said... we cannot just copy another server's idea... I was thinking that maybe all chests should be replaced with trapped chests and new maps should use these instead of the common ones but Im not sure if this chest finding mod also finds trapped chests... If it doesnt then this could be done! But i still dont feel %100 sure its the best way to do it since trapped chests output a redstone signal that might get in the way of something else with the older maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci