• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Forums Contest

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
This is my story. It is 100% true to the very last detail and I remember it very well. Egrodo truly did stop attacking me in that tower for no reason, leap off the tower, and die with no explanation. I still don't quite understand why. It's not very long, but I think it will be enjoyable to those who want a blast from the past.

His hands still shook before the game started in those days. The game was fresh and the parallels between Hunger Games still stood strong. He had not won a game yet.

His old friend was in the game with him, playing his first game since beta. Creampie9 knew virtually nothing of the game. When the cannon shot fired, Creampie performed a flawless jump into the Breeze Island cornucopia pool. He landed gracefully on the platform, and cracked open the chest. He dragged one iron chestplate into his inventory and proudly put it on.

His young friend BitoBain was looking for him instead of displaying loot. He exclaimed “follow me!” and the two pals leapt into the shimmering waters of the cornucopia, whose waters were stained both with blood from the current game, and the bloody memories of the past.

The two pals were anxious to get out of sight of the hunters in the game, so they climbed the majestic walls of the southern mountain, and climbed into the small wooden box to collect a chest. Creampie was lagging behind as one might expect for a beginner. Their excape had not been swift enough, however.

A pale young lad was not the only thing lurking behind BitoBain. A revered panda was getting impatient, as the blood on his stone sword was already getting dry. He lurked behind creampie, his blazing panda eyes feasting upon that iron chestplate that he so heavily desired. BitoBain finished looting the chest in the wooden box, and emerged.

Egrodo pounced. Delivering two swift criticals upon Creampie, BitoBain still reacted faster. He leapt from the leaves atop the wood box and landed into the warm Breeze Island waters. Creampie attempted to follow suit, but pale young humans do not have the same powerful legs that elephants do, so his chestplate, seed, and two saplings lay splattered on the beach while BitoBain swam desperately away. The fierce panda did not prefer to take such silly risks, and decided to let the elephant live, so long as he did not snatch that delicious chestplate for himself. He descended the vines with panda finesse, and claimed the chestplate. He ran off to cause havoc at the cornucopia, where several individuals would soon feel the wrath of the panda.

The elephant planned to go and claim the four chests available on the parkour tower. It was his favorite part of the map, and he knew how to do the parkour presented without a problem. Things were going, well, swimmingly for the elephant. He had equipped himself with some basic leather armor and a wood sword. Considering he had never even worn iron armor before, this was exciting, and he was feeling confident.

Back on mainland, the fierce panda had cut down several more enemies. He was now equipped with an iron helmet, a well-won iron chestplate, iron leggings, and chain boots. He had managed to snag both of the diamonds present on the map and had made his precious diamond sword. Then he gazed to the northwest and saw that pesky elephant prancing about in that tower, looking a little too happy. The panda's sword was getting dry once more, but pandas don't swim, so he had to boarded his boat and set sail for the parkour tower. Off for another exploration, he gazed up at the beautiful sunset as his swing music soared in the background.

The elephant was cooking some food in the furnace, feeling quite at peace. Suddenly, a great panda finished the parkour and emerged from the entrance and began beating up the old elephant! BitoBain reacted slothfully and hit the panda once with his petty wood sword. It looked like another loss for the elephant.

Then something strange happened. The panda felt remorse. He stopped attacking the elephant and ran past him. Egrodo did not want to die, so he jumped off the tower into the water below. The panda came to a quick realization that he had crashed his boat previously! Pandas, as we all know, are not strong swimmers. The panda did not have a pleasant death. The swing music faded until an awkward silence resonated across the map.

Suddenly the words flashed across BitoBain's screen:

“You have gained 22 points for killing egrodo.”

Awestruck, the elephant leapt triumphantly into the water and there it was: a suit of nearly full iron, a diamond sword, and other treasures he had never beheld in life. Best of all, elephants can swim. They may not be able to swing like pandas, but they have strong legs. His elephant heart began beating with excitement as he equipped the armor. His eyes shone with pride as he beheld these strange treasures: cakes and golden apples.

As the elephant arrived on the shores of the old island, he saw that only four players remained. Peering across the beach, he beheld a small team of two with poor armor. With newfound confidence, he lumbered across the beach. His confidence and hope alone could have vanquished the team, but one left before that could happen. The other lasted only seconds when confronted with that double edged sword.

The final countdown arrived, and the elephant considered helping another win as he had in the past, as elephants are fairly generous creatures. However, in that moment he realized that this was his time to shine. He swiftly dealt the final blow on the last individual, and those words which he had longed to see since the beginning of time flashed.

BitoBain has won the survival games!

theunexpected5

Diamond
Reaction score
This was the first server I went on and I've had good and bad memories. I'm not that good at PvP, but I still love to play the survival games, and I love it best on MCSG. Anyway, with that said, I hope you enjoy the story of the first time I won a game solo, on the map Survival Games 4 by Team Vareide.

Day 1:
I arrive in the lobby of the survival games. I see everyone running down these stairs that lead into another room. I look and see everyone grabbing swords and bows and arrows, practicing and training for whatever combat they get into. I look for a sword and I don't find one. I look for a bow and arrows, it appears people have taken them too. My stomach drops with the knowledge that I won't get the luxury of training and practicing. I've had no prior use with these weapons, so I think to myself, I'm as good as dead. I ask around to see if people will spare a sword or bow and arrows for a moment so that I can practice. They all say no and then, I leave.

Day 2:
Helicopters arrive in the lobby and take us all to the map. While in the helicopters, they put this device in us. They say it's so that we have an easier time running around, but I heard from someone else, it's so spectators can find us easier. The helicopters land and drop us each off at our own separate rooms. In the room, we're told to go up the elevator, and it will take us onto our pedestals. I was the last to be dropped off since they drop off the tributes from first district to last. I was district 12, and I was also, what seemed like the farthest from the cornucopia. I hear the gamemaster start the countdown. He started from 60 seconds.

The counting was pounding in my head, although everyone else looked fine. They looked like they could just ignore it. I try my best, but I find that that's the only thing I can hear and focus on.

I look at the cornucopia and try to plan which chest to open. I focus on a corner chest that's closest to me. I then look at my surroundings, I realize that surrounding me, was hills that made it hard to get out and make a quick escape.

The pounding comes back, this time a lot louder than before.

I realize that I need to focus on where I'm running to, and when I can run there.

I quickly ditch my plans to run for cornucopia remembering that there's always a blood bath there. I turn around and make plans to run to a blue building and then to see where to go from there.

Let the game begin!

Everyone dashes to the center while it seems like I'm the only one to run away from the center. I run off to the blue house and find a chest with a raw pork chop, wooden sword, and leather boots. I quickly take the wooden sword in my hand and put on the boots. I put the pork chop in my pocket and decide to save it for desperate times. While I'm doing this, I feel someone punching my back. Adrenaline fills my blood and I quickly turn around and hit the person with my wooden sword. I hear a canon and see raw chicken replace the person I was fighting a second ago. The canon echos in my head and I'm stunned by the kill. It was the first time I ever killed someone. The canon was then followed by 4 more, and I realize that the blood bath has just started.

I dash out of the house and run towards the back and find a street and an airport. I run there thinking I'll find more chests there. I find an airplane and when I look inside the cockpit, I find another chest. To my surprise, this chest has only raw chicken. I take it because it may come in handy, although I was displeased with this loot. I feel a sharp pain down my spine. I quickly run away and hope I can keep up the run until I can find a way to safely kill this person. I go into the runway and realize that this is the only place I can kill the person. I turn around quickly and to my surprise, he's right behind me. I swing and miss. He then swings and I pull back. I notice blood on his shirt. I realize that he's wounded, and it must be from the blood bath at the beginning. I swing my sword and hit him! I knocked him back far enough to start running again. He continues to chase. I quickly surprise him by turning around and a swing my sword 2 more times to kill him. The canon sounds and I grab his loot. I put on his gold pants and his chainmail chestplate. I quickly eat my raw pork chop and I start to feel better. He had 3 arrows, but no bow. I continue on, but notice it's getting late and look for a place to sleep.

I find a sewer and I hop in. Not the cleanest place I'd suppose, but it'd do. I then turn a corner and see a person there. I sneak so that he doesn't see me easily and I watch him as he hits a hidden button and goes in a secret room. I find the button and follow. To my surprise, he doesn't hear the pistons move while he's looting a chest. I surprise him and kill him. I see that he has a bow and I quickly organize my items so that everything is easily accessible. I then go to bed to rest for the next day.

Day 3:

I wake up and find a button opening another door. I go through it and find another chest. I loot it and find a stone sword, a fishing rod, and 3 feathers. I take it all and replace the wooden sword that has blood on it. I let it drop to the ground, knowing that I don't need it anymore. With a bang, it lands and i climb some ladders out of the secret area, only to be greeted by a sneaking person. He gets me by surprise and manages to hit me at least 3 times before I hit him back. I go back under knowing he's still going to be there. I be careful and go away from the ladders and start sneaking towards the ladder. I go up and he's looking to see my name. I shoot him with 2 arrows before I go in for the final swing with my sword! I was hurt bad from that sneak attack and I knew that if that happened again, I'd be dead.

I continue forward to be greeted with a painfully loud voice in my head. "The time has come for the chests to be refilled. Head to cornucopia for the best loot in the game. I risk gives high reward."

I think about it for a bit. Should I go? someone could already be there looting chests right now and have good enough stuff to kill me. On the other hand, if someone is there looting chests, I could sneak attack them and kill them. I'd have the stuff all to myself. I then remember about my health. I'm still not at 100% yet so I decide against it. I hear a canon and quickly turn around frightened by the echoing sound of the canon. I spin to see nobody. I start walking near a building when I begin to die. I turn around to see someone with nearly full iron armor hitting me with an iron sword. I hit him and begin my escape. I run off and think back to when I looked around. I didn't see anyone and then this guy appears out of nowhere. Not thinking about it too much I see an arrow fly right over my head. I turn around and shoot my last arrow. I then go in and start to strafe around the person to his left. Then to his right. It was like a was magic, he wasn't able to hit me and I suddenly take him out. His body was replaced with his stuff on the ground and the sound of a canon.

I then hear the words in my head, "Death match will be initiated in 60 seconds. All tributes will be transported to the center and will be unable to leave."

I think back to how many tributes died. The 5 people in the beginning, the one person at the airport, the 2 people at the secret area, and the person in iron I just killed. That's only 9 people dead. There should still be more than half the tributes alive. To my surprise I didn't pay attention to the time that had passed and was transported to the center instantly. I just remember to put my gear I just got on I a move just in time to dodge an arrow. I realize it's only me and 2 other people. I remember that I fell asleep and people must have died while I was sleeping.

I run around the center until I'm at 100%. I then shoot an arrow at another tribute. I manage to land 1, 2, 3, 4 arrows on him until I miss! The other tribute then, sneaks up behind him. The both of us forgetting about him, only focusing on each other. He then becomes, a greater threat. He kills off the other person so it becomes a just me versus him. I shoot arrows at him but miss every single arrow. He picks them up and fires at me. he hits me twice. I get up and run towards him. he runs towards me. This is the final battle. I either win, or I die, and dying's not an option! I strafe around him like I did the other guy. I can tell he's more skilled because he manages to hit me a couple times and brings me low. I run away and turn quickly realizing I still have 1 arrow. I shoot the arrow and he falls back dead. The final canon sounds as the announcer says, "Congratulations theunexpected5 for winning the survival games!"

I feel an odd mixture of sorrow, and happiness. I'm sad for everyone I had to kill, but I'm happy I won the survival games. I then get transported back to the lobby, probably for the spectators to see how long I can last in the survival games against different opponents. I get congratulated and questioned in the lobby. People ask me questions like, "How low were you?" and, "That last fight was amazing! What were you thinking during it?" I then start to ignore the players, realizing that they're happy at the murders I have committed. We get transported into a new game, and I don't plan to lose this time either!

werellama

Spectator
Reaction score
Lag.
It was time, the time where 24 tributes all competed to show there skills to the world and survive the annual Survival Games. However, it was ironic that a movie about death and torture was turned into such a fun every day game. But forget that, It was raining the games would begin in 30 seconds, in those 30 seconds every body kept saying team? team? tem? OMG ITS HUAHWI.
I don't know why this happened, but the server was counting down 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. The very second the one was heard I ran as fast as I could away from the middle, I went behind me, as I was running, panting, my heart was beating very fast, as I heard the cannons that signified a death behind me I ran faster as I saw a chest in the middle of the grass under some leaves I dug it out carefully always checking behind me to make sure no one was close behind or coming my way.

As I grabbed the chest I opened it still aware that someone could still kill me at any given moment... Inside that very chest was all that I needed a bow, arrows, and a sword. I saw someone in the distance it was hard to see but I knew someone was there. I silently went over there, I saw him entering a building, I went and sat by the doorway waiting... The noise of the chests opening and closing was nerve racking, the anticipation of him coming out of the building and me suddenly killing him was unbearable... I hid in the tall grass as he came out. He hadn't seen me yet as he walked away, I noticed he was very aware of his surroundings, but he didn't know that I was there, I heard another cannon sound off I looked the way the sound came from, hoping I could make out any signs of another tribute, but I couldn't, as I waited for the person to get further away, I could hear the wind whistle in my ears... the grass and leaves rustling... When the other tribute got far enough I got up slowly from the grass making sure I couldn't be heard, I slowly drew back my bow to the edge of my eye aimed, and let go of the arrow, as the arrow flew, I knew it was on target, the tribute fell on the ground and a cannon sounded off another death except I was the one to cause it this time.

As I collected the food and supplies the other tribute had gotten I could hear something in the bushed behind me. I was hoping it was just a squirrel of some sort or any type of animal that wasn't human. As I saw a chicken come crawling out of the bushed I let out a sigh of relief... but then I heard some breathing coming from the bushes, this time I knew it was another tribute, I gave a look to the direction of the bushes to tell him I knew he was there. Then, suddenly he lunged out of the bushes rushing towards me with a face of confidence, right when he lunged I quickly pulled an arrow out of quill and drew back my arrow and shot, but it wasn't going to be that easy, no, not this time he jumped out of the way of the arrow, still running towards me I pulled out my sword after I realized I had missed as he approached he swung his sword furiously I blocked the first blow with my sword but I wasn't quick enough to dodge the second, the sword penetrated my flesh on the side of my arm, then I quickly swung at him and cut his leg so he couldn't run, but he still fought, I knew this battle wouldn't end until someone is dead, as he swung towards me I blocked the blow but only barely, right after I saw a space where I could attack, and so I did I jumped and went for the killing blow but then... I was frozen in mid air. Everything was frozen even the other tribute, I was baffled on why this was happening every thing was quiet, all the sudden CONNECTION TIMED OUT PLEASE JOIN LATER.

Paridoxal

Experienced
Reaction score
This is a resubmission of my entry!

"The Attraction?"

When you are asked "What is your favorite Minecraft server or game mode?" What is your answer?
My answer is the Minecraft Survival Games Server us.mcgamer.net

===============================================================

The many wonderful and happy experiences I can recollect are because of :

The constantly updated, and active forums/status updates.

The
strong will of the dedicated MCSG Staff.

The ability of the server to create a safe and welcoming atmosphere.

The friendly members of the MCSG community.

The hard work of the Sr. Staff, Admins and our lovable Owner, Chad, to allow us to have fun on such an amazing server.

===========================================================================
Take a moment to think about every second you have spent on this server.

Was it originally to make friends? Or just an activity to keep you busy during your boring, pajama days.

My intentions on this game, were never to truly express myself, but to just pass time.
I never would have thought that this server would have made it possible for me to truly know myself.

Because of this server, I have been able to make so many wonderful friends who have supported me through the most dramatic and painful times in my life.

This server has allowed me to be
proud of who I am, by allowing me to step out of my comfort zone, and become a more out going person.

========================================================================
Even if we begin to stop enjoying the game, the constant memories that were created through this game, will live on throughout our lives.

When I reflect, later in my years, married
with a husband I will thank this server as I will now for all their hard work and opportunities they have created.

Thank you for reading, and thank you MSCG Staff, you are the reason these memories are made.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I wish a congratulations to those who have won the contest! Their stories were quite intriguing, and absolutely incredible!
I would also wish a round of applause to those who have participated. Their stories were just as good through my opinion! :)

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Congrats to the winners of the contest. (I bit annoying after so much time I spent on my entry that I didn't get a podium spot) but thats that! Well deserved winners though, and i'm sure they'll be other chances to win donor!

I'll get donor eventually :(

werellama

Spectator
Reaction score
Ya i agree with you otto it felt like a waste of time but you know they did a good job :)

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
OOOOOH damn! I forgot to write my story! xD

I dont think I would have won anyways :p Congrats to the winners!! :D

werellama

Spectator
Reaction score
I also do think the winners have more less detailed and less well written skills in them coming from a son of an english teacher but i think they have more simple context like they all put less time into them instead of most people but they do have very good depth and idk maybe people were looking for more simple stuff xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci